Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Good Deal?

Novice

I just bought a Allis Chalmers b10 tractor for $100.00. How do I find out what year it is? I am thinking about fixing it up, will I have problems getting parts, it is pretty old I think? Any information would be appreciated

Joining the club portion of this site for $10 is recommended step one. Then go to the Simple Tractors main pages and compare the model numbers and such. If the engine model is a 23D, then it's around 63. Then read the forums.

Check out this link to the B-series tractors on the SimpletrACtors site. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/models/ac_b-series.htm[/url] As for parts they seem to be pretty easy to come by, (not new granted) but you just have to watch the Classifieds on this site or Ebay. Somewhere somebody is always parting out a B-series tractor.

I just found the websight tonight and have not quite yet figured out how to join...My tractor only had a 6 digit serial number and nothing more. It say b10 and then the serial number.

Welcome to the club Joseph, The B10 is a great tractor and will do a lot of work, have fun with it. All of the information you need is right here on this sight, have fun.8D^

Have you figured out what engine you have yet? If its a 9 hp model 23D the info plate is on the shroud that wraps the upper cyl. Kinda hard to read because its behind the grill. If its a newer 10hp the info is on the flywheel shroud, thinkin on the carb side, about level or just below center of crankshaft. Welcome to the club, you got a great tractor for a good price, ain't nothing wrong with TLC can't redo

thedaddycat
If it is the complete original engine, you can tell by looking at the carb. A three screw Flo-Jet will be on the 23 D in an early B-10 while a four screw carb on a Briggs 243XXX engine will be on the late B-10.