Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
toad270

new grill

toad270
Has anyone found a source for new mesh for the grill on the Early B10 Mine has seen better days a long time ago and i would like to replace it. Is this steel or aluminum?

Hoss
I just stumbled on to this this morning. Yes,there is material you can buy. Check out the Mc Master Carr website. Look under the raw material and springs section, then look up the perforated material or expanded metal sub titles. They have steel and stainless stock in small sheets for reasonable prices. It would make a nice little side job for someone to build replacement grills. They also have the push on edge trim in white for the grill section. We use this supplier at work for many things. Their catolog is about 4" thick much like Grainger. Keep us informed on what you find out. I don't know how to attach a web page to the posts. Maybe you could if you know how.

CleanBee
Hi, I got mine from Norm Steinman. If you look under his sight for decals here, he has a listing for grill screens for the B-1's. The grill mesh comes large enough to use on an early B-10. You will have to cut and fold back the PTO opening and cut the arc. Also, have your wallet wide open; they are very costly.