Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

new grill

toad270

Has anyone found a source for new mesh for the grill on the Early B10 Mine has seen better days a long time ago and i would like to replace it. Is this steel or aluminum?

I just stumbled on to this this morning. Yes,there is material you can buy. Check out the Mc Master Carr website. Look under the raw material and springs section, then look up the perforated material or expanded metal sub titles. They have steel and stainless stock in small sheets for reasonable prices. It would make a nice little side job for someone to build replacement grills. They also have the push on edge trim in white for the grill section. We use this supplier at work for many things. Their catolog is about 4" thick much like Grainger. Keep us informed on what you find out. I don't know how to attach a web page to the posts. Maybe you could if you know how.

Hi, I got mine from Norm Steinman. If you look under his sight for decals here, he has a listing for grill screens for the B-1's. The grill mesh comes large enough to use on an early B-10. You will have to cut and fold back the PTO opening and cut the arc. Also, have your wallet wide open; they are very costly.