Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

could you run a 72inch deck on a 1920H?

Jason

Hi I was wondering, if you could run a 72inch deck on an Agco Allis 1920H tractor? I reallize that Simplicity does not make a 72 inch deck, but I am considering turning an old green duetz Allis 48inch deck into a 72inch deck mowing deck. I realize that, it maybe tough in heavy long grass, but what if you cut your grass often enough that, the grass is not to long, then would a 72 inch deck work on a 1920H? If not, would it be better to buy a 25hp legacy tractor and put a 72inch mower deck on it? (5 years down the road) Take Care Jason

Me, personally, I would not recommend it. The tractor was never designed to support the weight of a 72" deck. You also might be asking alot out of that 20HP engine too. But, that's just my opinion.

If you want a big deck buy a ST compact Agco tractor like an ST25 or ST30. Thats my opinion.

You can get 72" decks for the compact tractors, and many of them are only 17 to 24hp, but are usually diesel. I have a 60" deck on my Kubota, and part of the area I mow is a 2 acre open field. I would not want anything bigger than the 60". A 72" would put the front tire tracks in the center of the outside arbors. I believe the deck would miss some of the grass.

Might be better if you could somehow convert the deck to a tow-behind. Don't know if you have a 3-pt. or not, but it seems to me this would be much easier on the tractor. DaveM

Seems like one problem might be the the overall front-to-back dimension being small enough to fit between the front and back wheels, especially at full left or right turns. Jim

72"s get perty hard toget in and around most yards if seen. Also it beter be flat ground or you will scalp on the ends. I agree with Dave and have built me a pull behind deck 42" with a 10hp briggs. When I mow the biger yards I mow about 82" in one pass, but can unhook it and mow the smaller yards with the same tractor. Have pics in my profile.