Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Local auction, help

Ryan

I went to look at a AC 916 with a new motor and ag tires and a 7117 with a hydro lift that has been seting out all winter. These tractors have not been ran in a couple of years. The 7117 has a lawn vac system that is ran by a 5hp B&S engine that is not simplicty mounted on it. The paint is faded on both tractors and the engines turn over. The 7117 has a 48" deck in pretty good shape. I will not be able to attend the auction because my Daddy is graduating college tomorrow at the age of 60, yeah:)! My uncle is going to the auction to bid on these two tractors for me and asked how high I wanted to go. I did not take pictures because I cannot post them yet. Any ideas.

congrdulate you'r dad that is a great accomplishment. not sure how much to bid with out seeing them.

Ryan, Just wondering how the auction turned out. Was this the auction near Belle Center? I saw the sale bill and was wanting to go, but unfortunately couldn't make it. DaveM

Dave, Yes, the auction was in Belle Center. My uncle decided not to go, so I do not know what they went for. I am sure they went cheap. Ryan

I probably would have bought both of them. Then again, it's hard telling how high the buyer may have been willing to go. If I was bidding also, they may have brought much more. DaveM