Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

replacement throttle cable

Ryan

I did a search on replacement throttle cables and came up with nothing I am interested in. Does anyone know of a heavy duty replacement twist lock cable fo a B-110? I really need three. I do not want to drill a hole in the side of the dash and put on a push mower type. Airplane throttle perhaps?

I can get them. Knob style would be about $15 shipped, and I can get a t-handle style for a couple of dollars more. That's for single units, you'd save quite a bit on shipping on more than one. PM me or email if you're interested.

I purchased a locking 'T' handle type from Napa. From one to ten, I'll give it about a six. Didn't need to re-drill anything.

I found some through blue streak or maybe it was silver streak that where a match to the original for about $15.They where about 4 foot long so I just cut the end off and rebent them.You can still get originals through simplicity,but there around $50.

• 1 month later...
Stoneheartfarm
Just bought the T handle type at my local auto store (non NAPA). It was on the "HELP!" rack. Part number is 55209. Cost was slightly over $20.00. Thread 7/16"-20; Wire thickness: .072" Length: 8 ft. Picture is attached. Steve

Ryan, I know you said you didn't want to drill a hole for the push mower type, but how about one for the 7000 series throtle cable and lever. I did this on my 3212 and love it. I know someone else here on the site had a thread on it with pictures. IMO it was a simple upgrade and inexspensive. I had picked mine up at a "Lawnmower Graveyard" for $5.

mbrook, I think I will put the lever type on it. I have one so I might as well use it. Thanks

Ryan, Here are a couple of pictures of how I did the one on my 3212-H

I also have done my B-110, HB-112 and am going to do my 3212-V.