Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
iweld

9020 tank straps

iweld
Could someone, in the near future, measure the distance from the anchor end of the strap to the rivet hole for the hood hold strap on a Simp. 9020/A.C. 620 rear gas tank strap. I'm going to make up a few sets and I never did have the originals for mine. I had to guess at the placement and just used the end of a tarp strap for the hood hold. Thanks for any help. Jason.

JimS
Jason, My 4040 strap measures 3.25 in. from the end or 2.50 in. from the bend for the attachment tab. What are you using for the rubber strap? I did not find a separate part number for the rubber strap, only the complete tank strap. Will the Sunstar hood strap work(pt. no. 171600)? Jim

iweld
Thanks for the measurement Jim. I just used a tarp strap end without the hook in it. I drilled a new 3/16" hole about 4" from the hook hole thru the rubber and pop riveted it on the tank strap. It's a little more difficult getting the rubber un-done, but it also doesn't catch on anything either. I imagine that any other rubber strap would work if the anchor "Z" were placed in the right position on the tank strap.

UCD
OEM NOS Allis Chalmers 620 720 Fuel Tank Strap w/ Rubber http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50377&item=4304309839&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V OEM NOS Allis Chalmers 620 720 Lawn & Garden FUEL TANK http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50377&item=4304309408&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V

JP
Yeeouch!!! Is this guy wearing a mask or what!!! Hey Jason, I have a few laying around. Do you want to borrow one to use as a model to clone? I might suggest moving the rivet down a little (1/2"?), you'd then be able to use the rubber straps from a Sovereign. Let me know..... JP