Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity bought Snapper?!?!

JR

Went to my Simplicity dealer today to get parts for my D-A Vanguard, and I happened to mention that I wished they still sold Yazoo parts, since I need a wing belt for my YR60, and nobody around here sells Yazoo anymore. He told me that they still can get parts thru one of their suppliers even tho they don't sell them anymore. I mentioned that I heard that Kees bought Yazoo, and he said yes they had. Then I said that I knew that Kees owned Snapper too, and he told me that they don't anymore. He said that Simplicity recently bought Snapper. Has anybody else heard this? I asked him if that meant that I could get parts from them for my Snapper LT16 too, and he said yes, they can get those now too. I guess that means my Snapper is part of the "family" now!

Simplicity bought Snapper in October 2002. Right after the sale was finalized, Simplicity immediately pulled the Snapper products that were being sold in Wal-Mart stores right out of the stores. Another example of Simplicity's committment to their indepedent dealers. Now some of the Snapper products are Simplicitys with the Snapper name and color on them. You can see this on their website at www.snapper.com

ehertzfeld
Alot of Simpicity dealers are also Snapper dealers. I Deal with two Dealers that are. One in CT and the other is in MA. Both are great to deal with.

I was just on the SEPW looking up parts, I thought I would look at the Snapper line up. The Lawn and Garden line of tractors look too familiar. Seems that they have painted the Simplicity line red and added Snapper decals. Thats one way to get the products out there.

The whole goal of the Snapper purchase was to make Simplicity products available to areas that they weren't that common in -- such as the South.... Simplicity bought Snapper to get their dealer network, not necessarily their products... It'll be more interesting to see if Simplicity starts selling any Snapper-made products with the Simplicity logo on them....