Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I feel silly asking but I have to...

Boney

I regards to a 725 when using a snow plow I read this "(3) Collar weight for Snow Thrower and Dozer Blade. Model No. 045. Ship. Wt. 25 lb.. (4) Rear Counterweight for Snow Thrower and Dozer Blade. Model No. 182. Ship. Wt. 25 lbs. (5) Wheel Weights. Model No. 046. Ship. Wt. 25 lbs, each." My question is...Are you using the Collar weight and Stinger weight to add weight to the rear axle to gain traction in the snow or are you using the coller and stinger weight to somehow make it easier to lift the snow plow and blade as a type of counter weight ? I did a search and was not able to figure out the answer.. Thnx for any help with this.