Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
maxtorman1234

410S Restore

maxtorman1234
I have decided to restore my 410 to the best of my ability. I was wondering what kind of paint people use that best resembles A/C Orange, Cant find any at the hardware stores, and I dont have too much money to spend, Sorry if this question was asked before, but i looked and cant find it, THanks,

JoeJ
Max, I'm hoping that Rust-Oleum "almond" is close to the deck and hood. But not sure on the orange, I haven't searched that yet. I'm hoping that Rust-Oleum "Safety Orange" is a close enough match. I'm not what you would call a Puritan here. I have the deck off and on horses to find a bad bearing, so may as well do it all while I'm at it.

UCD
All of the paint info available for these tractors is available on the simple trACtors site. The Simple trACtors site is on the menu bar above. The best way to get closest match possible is to take a painted part that is not faded to an automotive parts/paint store or autobody shop and have them computer match it.

JoeJ
Maynard, that's cool, but looking at the rattle can thing here. I have no compressor nor any painting equip. Also, if Rust-oleum is close enough, they been around long enough to not disappear when I need more. I believe it was Art out on Long Island, that had some pretty good looking rattle can jobs, if it wasn't Art, hehehe, sorry Art. It was another member. Also, these 2 tractors are not shooting to be "restored". They will be brought up to snuff mechanically and made to look "clean". I'm thinking that the B-210 may get the full treatment and become a garage queen.

maxtorman1234
Thanks, Thats basically the same thing im going to do, I already have the hood painted, plain white. And the deck is almost new and it was orange when purchased. So far, I have the tractor torn down to the frame, And i've found the whole tractor is in pretty good condition. Just gotta sand it down, and see what i can get that looks good on it. I'll see about the Rust-Oleum, because i might just repaint the hood on my other 410 and put it on this one. Thanks anyways,

maxtorman1234
I have some pics of what the tractor looks like, think its gonna be alot of work to get it all sanded down good, But im looking forward to the final results. Eariler [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/maxtorman1234/dscf0014.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/maxtorman1234/dscf0013.jpg[/img] Now [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/maxtorman1234/dscf0016.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/maxtorman1234/dscf0015.jpg[/img]

HubbardRA
I used Chevy engine orange on this one, with True Value Navajho white on the wheels. The picture doesn't do justice to the paint job. Color is much more like original than seen here.

It was all done with spray cans.

Tom_Byrne
MY TWO CENTS: I have used both Chevy orange and the Allis 0range from True Value Hardware, and I think the Allis paint is much better( color match, finish and shine). The only downfall to this paint is you have to use thin coats, it can run if your not careful and the drying time is longer than normal. After a lot of plowing this winter it still looks great.

maxtorman1234
Well from what i've seen, I think i'll look for the allis paint, and if i cant find it, i will use the chevy engine orange. I've finally got time to work on the tractor again, not being able to do anything with the shuttle on the 310. I've got all the parts sanded down except half of the frame, the fenders and part of the dash. The front axle was definately the hardest to clean up. When i get it painted, All i have to do is find a rear. I think since it has a 416 hood, i'll find a hydrostatic rear and maybe put a 14 or 16HP motor in it,