Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
dads707

Dead mower.

dads707
Last week I used my leaf blower to clean up my 5008. After that it is dead as a door knob! The battery shows 12 volts, but I found some broken wires. The one coming from the amp gauge (fused) is mashed flat and frayed like it has been under the battery. Am I right thinking this wire hooks to the solonoid? Another broken wire, same condition, comes from the solonoid where the positive battery cable is connected. Don't want to mess this up and fry something...(The reason I'm using the 5008 is because I broke the side plate on my 728. Gotta get that fixed!!)

dads707
Fixed the problem. I figured the worst I could do is blow the fuse. Started up..wouldn't move. The drive pulley on the rear was moving, but spinning on the shaft. Pulled it, key was gone and both keyways are shot..... I guess I will have to mow with the 707... Can keyways be repaired???

thedaddycat
Look in the Tech Tips and Articles forum, or in the Resoiurces section on the drop down menu look in Articles http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31916

mowerman1193
I bought a 717 Broadmoor that looks like the keyway must have worn bad and someone drilled a hole through the pulley and the shaft and stuck a bolt in it...I don't thing thats the best fix but would work in a pinch...