Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

I Have a Problem (LOL)

mowerman1193
These little tractors just keep following me home....Last fall I told the neighbor I was going to sell two tractors to make me some work space..well he needed a tractor so I sold one to him and within a few weeks I brought two more home...Now at the last few swap meets I had to walk away from several deals because I said I have to sell a few instead of buy a few... Well last fall I seen this little red tractor out beside a garage and thought about checking on it but did'nt have the time/money or space so drove on...Well yesterday I was sort of in the area so I thought I would drive by the place and sure enough it was in the weeds so high I could barely see it so I turned around and on my way back past someone was coming outside so I pulled in to ask about it....

This is a 1966 Wheel Horse model L 107 Lawn Ranger.It doesn't apper to have the original motor as it should have a Tecumseh HH60 but it now has a Tecumseh HS40..Anyone know what the HS stands for?I have never seen those letters before on the Tecumsehs..I assum the 40 means 4hp...The guy said it ran last fall but while he was trying to start it the rope broke well when I got it home I see the carb in missing...Don't think it would have run to good without that...Might have to go see if he has it...but I am kinda scared the police might be there now :D:D I was in the post office today and did not see my picture though :D:D BTW the little guy (my son) driving it thinks its his as I can't seem to keep him off it..I think it might be awhile before he could drive it as he is only 14 months..Also the other two (boy 8)(girl 5) have been fighting over who gets it..

mowerman1193
quote:
Originally posted by clyde
Nice looking tractor, and it looks to me like your son knows what he's doing! Is he trying to start it in the 2nd picture? :)
Yes he knows what does what on the tractors but has not learned how to turn the key...Won't be long though and he will have that figured out too.... Thanks for the comments...