Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

k-341 engine specs

srwven
I am currently throwing a briggs 16hp into a motorless 916H, just modifying the wiring and throttle cables. He has many more options than the model and series that were originally put in. It will be hard to find a K341. Most have been scarfed up by pullers. I was able to find several briggs that would work. Any of the 326400 series will work and they can be picked up for a few hundred bucks or less.

Ryan
Probably should replace it with a B&S. We have not had much luck with Kohlers around here. I am parting out a 3314 that has a good running 14hp in it. I think I will donate it to him. He just paid $1000.00 for this tractor, with a new 48" deck, and didn't even get one mowing out of it.

srwven
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan
Probably should replace it with a B&S. We have not had much luck with Kohlers around here. I am parting out a 3314 that has a good running 14hp in it. I think I will donate it to him. He just paid $1000.00 for this tractor, with a new 48" deck, and didn't even get one mowing out of it.
Ouch![:0]

Ryan
Ouch is right. We are going to look at a 16hp Kohler with 100 hours on it. $600.00 straight out or $450.00 trading the 14hp in. Or $600.00 to rebuild the 14hp. What to do?