Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

k-341 engine specs

srwven
I am currently throwing a briggs 16hp into a motorless 916H, just modifying the wiring and throttle cables. He has many more options than the model and series that were originally put in. It will be hard to find a K341. Most have been scarfed up by pullers. I was able to find several briggs that would work. Any of the 326400 series will work and they can be picked up for a few hundred bucks or less.

Ryan
Probably should replace it with a B&S. We have not had much luck with Kohlers around here. I am parting out a 3314 that has a good running 14hp in it. I think I will donate it to him. He just paid $1000.00 for this tractor, with a new 48" deck, and didn't even get one mowing out of it.

srwven
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan
Probably should replace it with a B&S. We have not had much luck with Kohlers around here. I am parting out a 3314 that has a good running 14hp in it. I think I will donate it to him. He just paid $1000.00 for this tractor, with a new 48" deck, and didn't even get one mowing out of it.
Ouch![:0]

Ryan
Ouch is right. We are going to look at a 16hp Kohler with 100 hours on it. $600.00 straight out or $450.00 trading the 14hp in. Or $600.00 to rebuild the 14hp. What to do?