Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

42" Deck to 48" Deck conversion NEW!

So I called "Jacks Small Engine" today and checked on the mower decks shells and the Guards. I found out you can buy a brand new Mower deck shell for a 48" deck and it comes with the Deflector... but they don't sell the guards separately. The shell comes with shell,coverplates,guards,and deflector. So anyone thinking they want to make a 48" deck, it looks like you take a beat old 42" and you mate it with a new 48" deck shell.

I was looking to get a "deflector" (Part G for Deck Assembly) for a 414 or a 502 (aka 990414 or 990502). If you ever watched eBay, that is missing on most mower decks being sold. The only way you can buy a "deflector" is by buying a new shell. So If you buy a shell for these model mowers, you get the covers, shell, deflector, guard; you just need the pulleys, arbors, etc. From a previous post someone indicated all the parts between the 42" and the 48" decks swap besides the shell, belt and blades. So I figured I'd share what I found with the forum. Hope this helps someone.