Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

It appeared in my drive way...now I own it.

AC808

A co-worker told me that a friend had bought a new Simplicity and that I could have his old one. I asked her what kind it was...her response was, "it's red". Got home tonight and there it was in my drive way...my very own Ranch King! Question now is "what do I do with it so no one laughs at me for owning one?" It does have an 18hp B&S twin..that sounds great and doesnt smoke! The front end also appears to be a bit heavier duty than other RKs Ive seen. It was replaced by a real tractor because it has a deck problem, Im thinking about taking the 18 from it and using it on a tractor more to our liking. Replacing it with and 8hp and using this to pull a dump cart or sprayer...any ideas??

Congrats Jay! I do have one idea. Paint it camo or aircraft gray, pull the deck and build a genset to power your radios for field day and EmComm exercises. Talk about your mobile hamshack! I bet there are not many others around.

LOL..you know Larry, i had thought of something like that for fieldday...Planned on using my VW bus though...not a bad idea for this though, Im not planning on this ever seen my lawn!