Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Saw a B110

maxtorman1234

Saw a B110 on the way home today sitting at the end of a driveway. Stopped in to talk to the owner, and he sais he has 2. One's a '66 and the other a '68. Original owner, 42" decks, stored inside pretty good paint, and tires arent even cracked. He says there worthless, but wants to keep them anyways. He might have an auction soon so he sais he'll keep them till then. He only uses one anyways, and the other to cut along the road. What a bummerB) Dont see many around, and whe you do, they want to keep them:(! Since he only uses one, I cant see why he wouldnt want to sell it to someone who could use it:). I was really looking forward to that coming home. Need a new project to work on. Guess i'll have to keep looking,

I would go back to leave him your number. Maybee take one of your's over "like your just going by" then he'll see what you do with them. Maybee he'll change his mind. Just a thought. Elon

Graham that old guy may be sentimental over those tractors since he bought them new. Don't get mad at him for not wanting to part with them. I have six or seven tractors around here, of which only three are running but I have no interest in selling any of them and that's that. Just keep your eyes and ears open and you will find the tractors that are available. And yes, I remember being impatient when I was your age too. Hang in there Graham.

Have several people around my town think I'm a jerk of some sort cause I have 5 running tractors, they have none, and I have NO interest in giving them a deal on one of my extras. EXTRAS? have no such thing.

What do you want with a B110 anyhow, it is a FDT (Foot Dragging Tractor) with a Briggs and Stratton engine in it.....???;) Just wondering......

;) Theyre not really that bad, And I like the looks of them too. And there arent many up here, and its still an A/C. Its also running, and will cut. Always good to have a backup just in case, and its something else to work on:)

Why do you want a Briggs & Stratton engine??[:0] You could get not get the last tractor working right[Simplicity 725] with a Briggs & Stratton engine.:D Karl

I think I would be working to get the tractor that was all ready bought and paid for home before I worried about buying one that wasn't for sale.

Well i still got a couple hundred $$ in the tractor fund, and the other isnt payed for yet, I wont be able to pick it up for a few months even if i can get transportation sorted out, So right now im not worried about it until i have the final answer on Monday, to see if its possible to get it,

Graham, In all seriousness when you bid on that tractor and won it on Ebay you made a contract with the seller to follow through with the deal. IMO since you have done that you should finish the deal with the seller and figure out the most economical way to get the tractor to your place. Even if it cost you $300 to ship it you still got a good deal on this tractor. I am not trying to be critical here, just something to consider....

I Wasnt the only bidder, and at the time i had a way to get this, I do not have the 300US to afford shipping, we cant drive down, and nobody can bring it closer, and its at least a 12hour round trip if i wanted to pick it up. Also its not just the gas to pay for, gotta get insurance to go the the US, and all that other stuff.

Were is the tractor? Is it paid for? Wait a minute, is this the tractor in Vermont? My uncle is traveling from NW Ohio to Clearwater, Florida and is coming back with an empty trailer if any one needs something hauled back along the way.

Graham, like others have said you really should complete the deal if you won the bid. I'm only a couple of hours from the tractor in VT and will pick it up and store it for you 'till you can arrange transportation. The only thing - I'm a couple of hours south of it, so even further away from you. (But I do plan on attending the Gathering of the Orange in August). Let me know, I'd be glad to help.

Thanks clyde:D That would be excellent if you could store it till then, I will be going to the Gathering of the orange, It would be great if you could possibly bring it, Thanks a lot,