Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finished 310

maxtorman1234

Just finished fixing up the 310V. It isnt really a 310V anymore since it has a 16HP motor and a shuttle rear end. In half a day, i rebuilt it from basically a pile of parts. This tractor seems to steer the easiest of all the A/C's, I think it looks a bit nicer too. It's really powerful, and seems to run and work alright. Need to replace the seal on the input shaft on the transmission, because it leaks oil onto the belts. The tractor is in overall good condition, the original metal gas tank hardly shows any signs of rust. Heres what it looked like before i started: [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/maxtorman1234/before.jpg[/img] And a couple after i finished, [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/maxtorman1234/dscf0024.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/maxtorman1234/dscf0030.jpg[/img]

You can be proud of that job!! It should prove to be a real workhorse, and looks good to!!

Nice looking machine Max!! Good job. :DNow git out there and clean up the shop a bit!!:D Any luck on your tractor that needs to be hauled?

THanks, No luck yet Joe, just about ready to forget it, but i'll wait till Monday to find out for sure. If i cant pick it up when i go down in august, I'll take the 917 or 310 down. And yep, I should clean up, just dont know where to put everything. Still enough room to walk though;) But its hard to fit 2 tractors in there.

Max, That's the trouble with E-Bay, if your not paying the shipping or ready to travel, you shouldn't have bid. I'm lucky with that problem, my wife just plain won't let me bid!! But as Maynard said in the other forum, pop for the gas and take a weekend trip. OR, really bite the bullet and say, "Joe, old pal, your such a fine young fella, if you go get it, it's yours" **Hehehehe**

Well theres still a couple problems, Its about 3-4 hours to get to the Gathering of the orange in August, and then the tractor is about 4-5 hours from there. Also my dad wont be able to drive because he only has one good eye, and we've never been there before, Mom dosent want to drive much farther than that either. Before i had a couple people that could have brought it closer before i bid, but now they cant:( And 300US to have it trucked 250miles is a bit rediculous. Got one more chance to get it, It'd sure be nice to have

Yep, It sure is a nice tractor, and it is a real workhorse too. Having a little trouble with throttle linkage, since the engine seems to want to speed up and slow down excessivly when using it. Other than that, it pulled the plow pretty good today, and it actually plowed right for once:). Also when i was cutting the grass, it went through the long stuff like nothing in fourth. When i was using the 10HP, I would have to raise the deck real high and cut in second. Overall, im real happy with it, :D