Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sneak Preview -- Feedback Please....

Kent

We're getting ready to open an on-line gift shop to help raise funds and "cover the rent." Please preview the link below and let me know what you think about: 1) The design of the coffee mugs (the club's T-shirt design and the Simple trACtors mouse pad are still in work)... Click on the "Zoom in on picture" link to see what it'll look like. 2) The prices... are they reasonable? DO NOT try to order these products yet. I'll let you know when it's ready....[A href='http://www.cafepress.com/simple_t/']http://www.cafepress.com/simple_t/[/a]

KENT :GREAT WORK AS ALWAYS .THE PRICES ARE VERY GOOD.YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET.GREAT JOB AS ALWAYS.JOE IS WORKING ON FINISHING THE SHIRT DESIGN.I WILL ORDER ONE AS SOON AS THEY ARE READY TO SELL.MICKEYMOUSE2BRIGHT.NET (AGCO918)

I think the pad price is a little high but otherwise reasonable. Cool ideas. How about key chains? You do a great job Kent.

If you haven't already got the t-shirts made, I would make the picture larger so they are easier to read. Otherwise, looks good.

Ron, It's the wrong picture on the T-shirt. I just tried using the same one as the mug, just to see, and can't remove it -- only replace it. Real picture for t-shirts can be up to 8X10... Kent

It's a great idea! I'm highly interested, but I'd like to pay by Postal Money Order; and there wasn't an option for that! Key Chains are a great idea, as well as hats; and maybe later, belt buckles! I'll gladly purchase some stuff! Keep up the Great Work and ideas!

Well the first problem I see is you have excluded us XXL guys from the T-shirts not to mention the XXXL guys. You may have to charge more for the larger sizes but I think it is wrong not to offer them. What about colors are they all going to be white. I'd like to see the T-shirts offered in other colors like maybe B yellow or Simp orange. Tim

Kent, I am very impressed, but with this being such a great site, who could not be? I will need at least two shirts and would really be interested in the hats. Thanks for providing an idea such as this to the club. Ben

YES, at least XXL. It is frustrating when you try to buy a shirt and all they offer is up to L or XL! It looks great! Keith was wondering about hats, he would buy enough of them to keep the site going for years! LOL!!! Great work Kent!

Thanks for the ongoing feedback, folks. I want to respond to some of the points already made... meanwhile, keep providing feedback. 1) This is all the merchandise currently available through this supplier. They supposedly are working to add more, per their site: Coming soon... Tank Tops (Men's and Women's) Baseball Hats Sweatshirts Long sleeved T-shirts and much more! 2) They currently do not offer XXL or larger. They're supposedly working on it, but they'll need new equipment to make the graphics larger (8" X 10" pictures on an XXL t-shirt would look very small...) 3) They do not currently offer other colors, since they can't be sure that the graphics will print OK on dark colors. They're supposedly looking into this also.... 4) Right now, it's online ordering by credit card only. Anything else (money order, check, etc.) and I'd have to personally do it. The reasons I chose to start this way are: a) No prepayment or investment in inventory is required -- they're automated, and "print on demand", yet deliver via US mail in 5-7 days.... b) They provide the software and "run" the store, handling all orders, manufacturing, shipping, returns and customer service. All I (we) do is come up with the designs and link the store pages into the site.... c) This lets me see how well these items will sell, before spending the money to have a bunch made/printed, in a variety of sizes/colors, only to find out they don't sell.... If the "demand" is there, we can use alternative suppliers in the future, but this was a relatively painless way to get started. Meanwhile, I can check out the possibility of different colors/sizes locally and try to handle those by "special order" that I'd handle "off-line" if needed, while hopefully the majority could be handled in this automated way.... Hope this helps explain more. I appreciate all the feedback. Keep it coming!!! Kent

Great idea! The logo on the shirt is ok, but larger sizes are a must. I would be interested in key chains, and belt buckles. Prices are reasonable , after all the purpose is to fund the site. Keep up the good work.

Great deal I think the stuff will be great. I am going to order a shirt for myself and my grandfather since he has a b-10. I also agree that the mouse pad seems a little high but I havent seen the end product. If it has the gel in it to reduce the fatigue on the wrists during those log hours at the computer surfing your site then it is worth it butif it is just a pad I think that is high. I think all the other prices are fine. Keep up this great site. Doug

Kent, Looks very good, and resonable to me!! Yes the gel mouse pad is a must old dudes like me need them!! We are working on the designs, and hope to get the back done today. Your sure doing an awsome job here!! Thank you for all the time you put in this great site!!! Joe J

Kent, Thoughts to consider; 1. You don't need to make the graphics larger on a XXL shirt. 2. What color shirts the graphics would print on depends on what colors are in the graphics. If the graphics were monochrome black or another dark color they would print on darker shirts or a light color on a black shirt. 3. Most one size fits all caps don't. I wear a 7&7/8 cap and very few of the one size fits all caps will adjust that big. 4. Maybe we should find out how much interest there is in big and tall sizes in the club. I for one need the big and tall sizes and will pursue finding a source if you would like. Tim

Now that's great work. When can we order? The only problem was I had to turn around the mugs to see the orange instead of the yellow.

Arrgh- I could not get coonected to the link on the original message from Kent. Can it be my screwy PC or are other people having the same trouble? Time now is 7:45, 5/23/00. PL