Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bkassulke

Fixing the Center PTO????

bkassulke
I have my B-110 that I was getting ready to mow with. I am not able to get the center PTO to work. I have the right belt but I can't get the belt tight enough for it to run when I engage the pto with the lever. I have tried to move the spring but, I have gotten it so close to the end of the bar that holds the spring that the spring falls off and the bar falls out of the guide hole. I am also trying to level my deck. I just can't get it to level. The right side blades are always lower not matter what I do. I am just so confused I don't know what to do. Sorry if you can't understand what I am trying to explain I am a novice when it comes to these tractors. Thanks for any help. BKASSULKE

JoeJ
:DBen, Chill dude, go take a break and have a soda. ;)I'm sure one of the techie types will be around shortly and have you un-confused in no time.;) Ben, Try this post and see if it helps any, if not use the search thingy and "deck leveling" there were many others to read too. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=7532&SearchTerms=deck+leveling[/url] I'm going to get the hang of this searchin if it kills me!!

Ryan
Check the lever under the left rear axle to see if it is pulled back and locked in place. Also look to see if the spring is still attached to the lever. One other thing, do you have the correct belt that runs from the pto to the deck? It could be a number of things that could be wrong with the deck as far as the leveling goes. Can we have a picture? Being new to things is somewhat great.

JoeJ
Ben, No problem, if you had been over here yesterday when I was trying to figure out the "bent screwdrive" trick, you would have learned some real new words!! And I finally gave up for the day.

Mack
Joe, I tried the bent screwdriver trick myself this morning on the 312V with no luck.Spent about half an hour on messing with it.Had a cookout to go to, so gave up on the bent screwdriver tool in favor of some cold tools instead!:D Only negative I have about the 300/400 series is the seat deck/fenders don't lift up out of the way like others.

bkassulke
Sorry Ryan I cannot get pictures posted. I have no camera and no scanner. That is one of the next things on my list next to many other purchases. Sorry. But I was able to call MWells and sorta got things straightened out. Thanks for all of your help guys. BKASSULKE