Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

More free stuff this past week!

bigcountry

Well this week's hunt was fairly successful. Tuesday: Snapper 32" Rear engine rider with 11hp Briggs (not running, yet) Murray 8hp 28" Rear engine rider with 8 hp Briggs (not running yet either) New in box clutch for the Snapper New drive and deck belts for the Snapper New blades for the Snapper 2 8 hp Briggs engines (wore out) Saturday: Pull behind disk set of interchangeable plows Pics coming soon.

What do you mean by interchangeable Plows? Does one throw to the left and one too the right? If so, shipping cost I'll live with.

It looks like the plows can interchange with the disk gangs on the frame, but I'm not really sure. One of the plows is a middle buster (row opener) and the other is a cover-up set, one throws left and the other to the right to reform the row, almost like a planting set.

Marty, I just got one of those here too. It would work as the hiller/furrower for your troy-built. Or as someone told me it would work great as a tater digger.

Nice haul!! I picked up a 2 stage Toro sno thrower by the street last week.Engine's blown,but the price was right!

That don't sound like it'll take me where I want too go. Sitting infront of a hotel in Delta Jct is a flip over Moline built 2 bottom plow. The solution to dead furrows in the middle of the field. Well, this got me dreaming, but AI need a 10 inch plow that rolls to the left inorder to even think about getting past the dreamin stage.

Marty, I've seen to versions of those. One was a roll over type of deal. The other was 2 seperate plows, 1 right/1 left, just lower the one you wanted. But as you saw, these were both on bigger tractors. At least one was an orange one.

I was told that the plows mounted on the back of a tiller, but I don't really know how it worked. My neighbor who gave it to me has long since sold the tiller they went with. But the good news is that the disk and plows can interchange.