Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
slb04786

Briggs voltage regulators

slb04786
Anybody have an old defective Briggs voltage regulator they would be willing to mail or ship to me. I have an '89 16HP single cyl Briggs that is missing the regulator. This has the larger 16 AMP stator under the flywheel. The regulator would have 3 wires with 2 connectors. A single (usually Red) wire and 2 yellow wires in another connector. I'm not too interested in paying the $60-80 at the dealers or on EBay. If I could get a defective get one I think I could remove the coating/sealant that's on it and possibly repair it. I've worked in electronics for 27 years and have repaired everything from fence chargers to satellite receivers. I'm willing to reimburse anyone for the shipping or mailing cost. If you can help me drop me a PM or email me. I'd appreciate it. Here is what mine would look like [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50371&item=2311058412&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V#ebayphotohosting[/url]