Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

what do you think of my deal?

Nick

Just won this one on ebay. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/RegistryPic/1576.jpg[/img] I am surprised this one went so cheap. Maybe lack of description? I figured the headlight bar, and mower deck are worth more then what I paid. Thank you UCD for posting this in the ebay forum. I would have passed it up otherwise.

Pretty good deal Nick! If it was closer I would have bid on that myself. I thought about it but I couldn't think of a quick way to pick it up.

Good deal Nick. I had bid on it, and almost jumped in at the last minute but didn't. Glad it went to a member. When I 1st bid I got an e-mail from someone in the area that wants the transmission, so he may contact you as well. Let me know if you need a hand picking it up.

quote:
Originally posted by clyde
Good deal Nick. I had bid on it, and almost jumped in at the last minute but didn't. Glad it went to a member. When I 1st bid I got an e-mail from someone in the area that wants the transmission, so he may contact you as well. Let me know if you need a hand picking it up.
I saw you had bid. I had someone contact me as well looking for the rear- end. Maybe it's the same guy? I got to email him and direct him to this site. He might not need the rear end, It could be just stuck in gear. My guess is it may be an easy fix. Neighbor might pick it up for me, gotta get a date that's right with him and the seller.
quote:
Originally posted by wantedinct
Thats a nice score you got! what are your plans for it?
first off try to get it going again, Use it as a "daily driver" then do a full restoration. After seeing KSever's Restoration (linked below) I wanted a Landlord in this style. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=17948&SearchTerms=Landlord

Might look like a project Justin, BUT it is a fun project and actually that tractor is in Great shape. I can't wait Nick to see it done as I know it will be nice. And I have to Thank You for the compliments on my tractor project again it's always nice to know people appreciate the work that goes into these tractors.

Nice find! And at a great price also. Looks like an easy resto from the pic's. Did you get the hood with it?

quote:
Originally posted by Tom_Byrne
Nice find! And at a great price also. Looks like an easy resto from the pic's. Did you get the hood with it?
I don't know if there's a hood with it, If there isn't it's no big deal. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the restoration you did last year on yours which also made me want to do a restoration even more. Kirk's restoration will be a big help too with his very detailed pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
I went to pick up the tractor yesterday. It turns out to be a Landlord 101. He had the hood for it, with the original thumbscrews! Motor date says it was made on 3/11/65. He said he was the third owner. Looks like one of the owners was a school because it had a decal that said Gasoline on the LH side panel and a warning sticker by the deck discharge. The carb needs a rebuild, but sure has a lot of compression! Guy said he has some other things to go with it. Rear counter weight, lift rod for plow, the owners manual, dozer blade manual, headlight bar manual, 31 page brochure that came from the dealer, it lists the 101, the broadmoor, and the wonderboy and the brochure for attachments like the York rake lawn aerator and such. also he threw in a ride sulky attachment that was made by Jacobson. Two years ago he sold off the snowblower and dozerblade if he still had them he would have thrown them in with the deal too. Stopped at the neighbors friends house he gave me a 12"? moldboard plow complete with hitch, and a 10"? moldboard plow missing the hitch. I wanted to take some photo but Ma dropped the camera now the lense won't go in. Well, not to bad for $100.00. When can I have my photo hanging up in the post office? ^

That was a great deal you got!:) Looks like a fun project for you. Good luck on your restoration.

sounds like quite a steal.... I mean deal you got there. Good for you Nick ^ Just goes to show that the good deals are still out there....

• 8 months later...
I have decided this one is the easier to restore then the B-110 at the moment. I have ridden around on her enough to know what she needs, Like the throttle assembly I got from Mike, and the engine needs a new oil pan gasket. Since I have to pull it apart just for that, I might as well start restoring her. I'll probably be asking many questions so be prepared. Look for it a local club gathering soon. ;)

Great Deal Nick!! I can't wait to see pictures of your progress, (get that camera fixed and)keep us posted.

I bought this one in June of 2004, and have approximetly $210 in her so far. We bought a new camera so that should solve my problem about reassembly. The paint that's on there is red latex, The paint underneath appears to be good but I plan on stripping her down to bare metal. I read on here an aerosol can of Parks paint stripper works wonders. I have heard it from other folks too, so I think I'll give it a try.