Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

traid tractor show

JJ MARSHALL

[img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/bolen.jpg[/img] i took this picture at the traid tractor show sat. i couldn't find any one around that could tell that could anything about. it had a sign on it that read BOLEN 1940 ? that a clinton engine on it . jj

That's a Bolens Ridemaster. [img]http://www.tractorshed.com/gallery/tphotos/7495.jpg[/img]

thanks greg. just thoughsome of the members would like to see and know more about it.

i posted a topic about it last week.it was held in colfax nc between kernersville and greensboro on old 421 highway. i am planing on being in denton nc.

I have one of those.They do turn sharp but the plow is useless on them. I was told that the snow dozer works great.Sure would like to find a set of cultivators for it.Bob

Planning on bieng there on Wednesday. Will be taking a D-10 and 2-B110's. They give me a hard time about driving my own tractors. I have been driving for years and can maneuver that tractor where they can. They stopped me for driving my D-10 to the hole for a tractor pull. 1'st gear. :D

Bolens RideMaster, my Father-In-Law has one of those. Pretty cool old thing, unfortunately the engine literally blew up last summer. He doesn't want it so I plan to get my hands on it for a rebuild. I guess their worth quite a bit of money. One neat thing is the engine is mounted on a pivot point, the weight of the engine puts the tension on the drive belts. Bolens also made a Ride-A-Matic, the smallest tractor I have ever seen. 3.6 horse or so, I would like to find one of those for my girls to ride on. Mike

Justin You have to consider your age. There are safety concerns and Insurance regulations to consider to. If something happened even if it wasn't your fault wouldn't be covered because of your age. The show promoters would be open to all kinds of law suites. You might be a better & safer operator than someone twice your age but the insurance companies and courts don't consider that.