Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
EricD

EricD
I haven't been able to find any information about the Simplicity 5211. It has a 12.5 B&S and the ID # on the frame is 1691095 002086. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ID # on deck is 1690708 0222 Supposedly this tractor skips or jumps in all four gears besides first as if a tooth is broken in the rear end. Any thoughts? It doesn't skip in first or reverse presumably because they share the same gear. Besides the jumping issue this is a solid looking tractor that I am considering picking up but don't want to invest the $ on something I should be walking away from. Please share your thoughts, I really haven't come across too many people working on/owning this model.

EricD
Perhaps I need to clarify my post. From what I've been able to research I can't find info on this tractor because it's post 1983. I'm not the most computer literate guy so I might be missing the reference information on Simpletractors for the 5211. Searching the club archives I didn't find much info on it either, so that's why I posted here. Unlike getting a spare transaxle or BGB for older tractors, I'm not sure what parts availability on these newer ones are. I'm also not so convinced that the rear ends in the 5211 are reliable as it looked aluminum, isn't that old, and is supposedly kicking the bucket already. So, purchase price isn't so bad, it's the fixing price (how labor intensive is swapping this kind of rear - probably not so bad), parts availability (total unknown to me at this time), and the specific quality of this model tractor is what I'm asking for some feedback on. Thanks again for any links or owner experiences.

JJ MARSHALL
you're right i went back in there and could find nothing. are you sure that 5211 are the right numbers? i've seen 4211 and 4212 and 5212.5 i don't recall a 5211 jj

KSever
Eric, To give you an idea I just sold my 4211 2 weeks ago for $475 but it needed nothing but a driver. It did have few options like front headlights, right side attachment lift, rear weights, chains ,and front blade.

EricD
Thanks everyone. The link was just what I needed. I think that this model may have issues with its five speed transaxle/tranny set up. From the little information I've gathered it seems that these start to "skip" as they age. That being the issue (if it is the issue), I'd be concerned that finding a used one that is in solid order might be problematic. So, for the price and headache of ownership, I'm going to pass on picking this one up.