Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Latest addition to HB-116

UCD

Allis Chalmers 120/240 Volt 5000 watt Altenator. It took 1 year to get everything together. (Thanks Dan/Rokon) I have 2 other upgrades to add in the next couple weeks. Left side with belt cover off

Left side with belt cover on

Left side showing hitch & mount

Rear view

Right side

Control panel Running and putting out 110 volts

The third picture down seems to show some dirt on it, and the pulley looks like it has surface rust on it. What up? Rob

That's a very nice looking rig you have. I'll bet you would be real popular if a thunderstorm knocked out the electricity! What other goodies do you have to put on it?

Nice work, she looks great. I'm curious if you had to do anything to the alternator, or did it work 'as is'.

The dust and surface rust on pulley came at no charge from 30 years of setting on the shelf. Nothing to do but bolt it to mount with 4 ¼" bolts, 2 ½" bolts to attach mount to hitch, 2 hitch pins to attach hitch to tractor. 3 ¼" bolts to attach belt guard, put the belt on, tighten adjusting bolt, start tractor, ingauge p.t.o.

Looks good Maynard !! I may be a little slow in finding the hard to find stuff, but I watch out for my customers. :D:D Gotta find myself one one of these days. ;)

That's a real nice set up. That would have been real handy around here a couple of weeks ago.