Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Can I buy a replacement tiller

10HorseMan

10HorseMan
Can I buy a replacement tiller for my B110. How much do they cost approx. What does simplicity mean by a one point hitch. Help is greatly appreciated. :)

The one-point hitch is the hitch on the back of the tractor used to lift rear-mounted implements. There is a rod on the tiller that is inserted into the "sleeve" on the one-point hitch that lifts and lowers the tiller. Some people refer to this one-point hitch as a sleeve hitch. DaveM

10HorseMan
That's what I have but can I get a replacement tiller for the tractor. I will be tilling in light soil so I might be able to move up a size. :)

Justin You might find a dealer that has a new tiller in stock but I don't believe you can order a new one. Your best bet is to buy a good used one. They are available everywhere and are not hard to come by and prices on rototillers on ebay are reasonable right now. (even with shipping) This is a One point hitch also called a Sleeve hitch/Brinly hitch. The part at the top where the rod (used on some attachments ie Rototiller) goes is the rear lift. On old style sleeve hitch/One point hitch a 1" rod is inserted into the rear lift arm with chain attached to it and to the implement to lift it. New style uses a rod with yoke connected between the rear lift and Sleeve hitch/One point hitch for lift. See Dutch's picture. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/sleeve.jpg[/img]

10HorseMan
Maynard, I checked out the simplicity website, and it said somthing about a 36" rototiller with a 1 point hitch, would this work with my tractor? If they make them a dealer should be able to order them. I have got to figure out somthing. :)

quote:
Originally posted by 10HorseMan
Maynard, I checked out the simplicity website, and it said somthing about a 36" rototiller with a 1 point hitch, would this work with my tractor? If they make them a dealer should be able to order them. I have got to figure out somthing. :)
Simplicity made many things that they no longer MAKE. I think you'll find that the 36" tiller may be one of those things. You can still order most parts, but I don't believe you'll be able to order a whole tiller assembly of the type you want. Check with your dealer. Also check the PRICE.

10HorseMan
I can put my old one back together but with the condition it is in it may run a hour or two. I guess I will have to make a lot of junkyard visits and hopefully luck up and find one. I hate to find a used one becuase if it is 1000mls away and together "I" do not know the internal condition of it. Looks can be deceiving. :)

They make a similar 36" tiller for the Landlords and I think the prestige tractors but there would be some modifications required and I'm guessing something like that will cost around $400- $1000 for a new one. Nothing simplicity sells is very cheap.