Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sleeve Hitch aka One point/Brinly Hitch

UCD

This is a complete Sleve hitch I bought last year from my local dealer (not as a complete assy but as individual parts) Top View

Side View

Major Parts and their names

Front view Sleeve Hitch plate stabilizer. This part is missing from most setups I have seen here and for sale on ebay. This is used with the stabilizer bolts to adjust side play in implement. [img]]/club2/attach/UCD/SleeveHitch4.JPG[/img] Rear View Sleeve Hitch Stabilizer [img]]/club2/attach/UCD/SleeveHitch5.JPG[/img]

Maynard, Thanks for posting this, I hope it clears up a lot of confusion. How about moving this to the FAQ section. This question seems to come up every few months or so? Thanks again for all your help. Rick.........

I think the stabilizer is a good thing to keep from wearing the attachment part of the sleeve hitch. It is a pain to tighten the bolts in my hitch due to the lack of room. Are these still pretty well available or is it time to get a pattern built?

quote:
Originally posted by Agricola
I think the stabilizer is a good thing to keep from wearing the attachment part of the sleeve hitch. It is a pain to tighten the bolts in my hitch due to the lack of room. Are these still pretty well available or is it time to get a pattern built?
The stabilizer plate is still available and costs about $10. They can also be easily made. I welded a muffler clamp onto a small piece of bar stock. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/hitch-top.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/hitch-side.jpg[/img]

John All of the parts shown in my picturs above are still available from Simplicity. I have posted the part#'s and prices many times. A search of Sleeve Hitch, Onepoint hitch, Brinly hitch, should produce numerous hits.

I can vouch for the availability of the hitch parts. I just ordered them through a local dealer and received them in less than a week.

I think the parts came to about $80-100, your dealer may be wackin you some on the parts. I ask if he was supplying you with the gold pins and rods. As for steel. :)

When I ordered the "sleeve hitch clevis assembly" as identified in Maynards pic above, it cost me $67.00. That was for the one piece alone! I scrounged around and found or made the rest of the parts and saved a bunch. By the way Herb,that is a real slick trick with the muffler clamp and bar stock.

Tom Do you have the rear lift group on your tractor If you don't you will need it plus the Sleeve/one point hitch. This is maybe why the dealer gave you the price he did. Prestige Rear atachment lift

UCD & RayS ... thanks so much. with your help, i finally figured it out. i need the whole Rear Attachment Kit plus the parts to make up the i point sleeve attachment. $250 for all from my dealer.

quote:
Originally posted by tocoty
UCD & RayS ... thanks so much. with your help, i finally figured it out. i need the whole Rear Attachment Kit plus the parts to make up the i point sleeve attachment. $250 for all from my dealer.
Tom, The Prestige should be a great tractor for lawn mowing, snow throwing, and front blade work. For rear mounted ground engaging attachments, you may want to consider an older Sovereign tractor. The hook up is much simpler and used attachments are readily available at affordable prices. It never hurts to have a second / back-up tractor anyway.

Tom, You can use the older tiller attachments that are used on the Sovereigns tractors Mfgr. No. 1690039 and others if you also buy the 36 inch tiller attachment kit Mfgr. No. 1686931 for the Prestige. The kit is $253.08. This kit would also allow you to use the 38 inch revitalizer since it is the same hookup as the older tillers. The kits are available for these tractors so that you can do more than just mow your lawn.

The Adapter kit install instructions to adapt the older tillers to the newer Prestige are available here [url="http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_200_3741_01_SK_SMA.pdf"]36" Tiller Adaptor Kit INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS for Prestige[/url]