Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

More on B&S Purchase of Simplicity

JayM

"Briggs & Stratton Corp. agreed to pay $227 million to purchase Simplicity Manufacturing Inc., the Port Washington maker of lawn and garden equipment, altering the landscape of an industry that employs thousands of Wisconsin workers......" The entire article in today's Milwaukee Journal Sentinel can be found at http://www.jsonline.com/bym/news/jun04/233808.asp

Wow, Thanks for the post. I just got done reading the article. It should be getting real interesting what changes or plans they have with the company and it's product lines. Maybe a Briggs & Stratton Legacy XL, Prestige, or Conquest. Or perhaps the reintroduction of the Sovereign? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I was just at my local Simplicity dealer this afternoon, whom I am also good friends with. He didn't say a word about this. Maybe he don't know about it yet?

It sounds like Briggs is just going to provide Simplicity with money, sort of like what Ford has done with Volvo and Jaguar. Briggs seems to want to let Simplicity manage itself- no job losses or relocations. Maybe it won't be too bad. I'd just like to see Briggs develop some new, advanced, durable engines for future Simplicity tractors. Then I'd consider the buyout a good thing.

quote:
Maybe a Briggs & Stratton Legacy XL, Prestige, or Conquest. Or perhaps the reintroduction of the Sovereign? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Could be.....then again, im guessing well see a legasaki, a yoemaha or a Sovwoo.....?

Dougie, have you traded your dollars for Yen yet? Briggs is Still an American Company and they just may have paid this site a visit. Who knows . I doubt confuscious has a quip fer it.