Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower deck?

beuce

I have a 3012V with a 48" mower deck that I need belts for. I have no idea what the model number of the deck is. I searched the manuals and came up with deck 990502 as being the closest match. The manual lists the deck belt as 108450 and the cross drive belt 108458. Does anyone know if that deck is the correct deck for my 3012? Also does anyone know what the part number is for the center pto belt on the tractor is?

Heres a few numbers for you to stash away somewhere ;):D S 990434 Sovereign-3012V Variable Drive 164080 Generator 157524 P.T.O. 164146 Power Lift 157230 S 990435 Sovereign-3012V Variable Drive 164080 Generator 157524 P.T.O. 164146 Power Lift 157230 990501 42" Rotary Mower Cross Drive 174911 Blade 1656144 3 Arbor Drive 1719819 S 990414 48" Rotary Mower Cross Drive 108458 Blade 1656143 3 Arbor Drive 165048

I'm stashing those away too. Wow he got a 14 minute response. I didn't realize the Cross Drive belt was different between the 42 and the 48. I knew the Arbor drive would be different. I'm going to have to look at where the center arbor falls on these decks; I thought that these would be the same.

To accomodate the larger blades, the deck must be longer from front to back thus requiring a longer belt. The quick response was only because I happened to be on at the right time and had time to look it up. ;)

The difference in lengths are 1", 44.1 for the 42"deck and 45.1 for the 48"deck. Dan, correct me if I am wrong but the following lawn deck mfg#'s also can be used on the 3012: The 48" deck can also be mfg#990502 and 990669. The 42" deck can also be mfg#1690022,1690252,990885,990784,990670,990575,and 990407 (I am excluding the numbers you used above). Is there any real difference in these models? Also I was wondering about the squiggle thick wire deflector which I believe was only on one model of the 42" deck; what tractors used that deck? I seem to see them on the older models mostly.

I dont have a cross reference table. But in general most of the decks do interchange. As long as they are the same dimensions and look the same. Some minor differences will be found, like the double v pulley on some models, or the "wire" guard you refer to. Dont know if they were stock or not, but I have run across a couple that had a larger pulley on the center arbor, a taller center arbor, and different ways of mounting the deck pulleys. I would have to say there is some difference somewhere, or they would have used the same model numbers. As for the wire guards, I couldnt answer. I've had a 64 Landlord with them and a 64 Landlord without them. And my B 12, I think 68 has them also. I have never seen them on a 48" deck, but most of the decks I get dont even have covers. I would guess you wont find them on a running board tractor. Seems to me they would get in the way. The numbers I posted above came from a belt and blade refence guide, so I'm guessing no matter what will fit the tractor, those numbers came together originally.

Thanks all. I went through the what fits. This is of interest to me because I've landed quite a few decks and I plan on restoring them and using them if they move slow on eBay. If ebay is slow, I'll move slow and restore them instead of selling through eBay. I see 4 people watching the deck I have listed, I bet it's alot of people with decks wanting to get rid of them. The question really comes down to what kind of shape the decks are in. The parts are expensive.

quote:
I see 4 people watching the deck I have listed, I bet it's alot of people with decks wanting to get rid of them. The question really comes down to what kind of shape the decks are in. The parts are expensive.
What do you mean "I see 4 people watching the deck I have listed"? As a seller on e-bay do you get statistics that list how many people have added the item to the "Items I'm Watching" list. Do you get their names?

I believe the "wire" guards were used with FDTs only. If they are are used on the newer RBTs, they will hit the running boards when the decks are raised. The older decks had the cutting height adjustors located closer to the center of the deck and they will also hit the running boards when the decks are raised. I also believe the larger diameter pulley on the center arbor that Dan mentioned is for the tractors with cone clutches vs the older center mounted PTO assembly. The drive pulley diameters vary depending on the diameter and speed of the driver pulley at max rpm - they are matched to deliver design tip speed of the cutting blade.