Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
happy

Grass and Leaf sweeper

rokon2813
Agri-Fab is a big name, decent quality. Wouldnt surprise me if Brinley made one too, they make a little bit of everything. Parker has been in the sweeper business 50 plus years. ;)

And still going strong. :D:D

HubbardRA
Several years ago, I took one of the push type that spins from the rolling of the wheels on the sweeper (no motor), and pulled it behind my tractor with just a triangulated rope hitch. It worked great as long as you did not go too much faster than walking speed.

skot71
Has anyone besides Rod had any luck pulling one behind a tractor?? I had a sweeper given to me and made a hitch for it. It did a real good job of throwing the grass straight up.

rokon2813
I've used several that were designed to be towed. They work fairly well at the proper speed. Too slow and the dont fill up, and too fast, they tend to throw the grass right out over the back. Walk behind models also work well towed as long as the speed is right.

JJ MARSHALL
i've try the pull behind trailer with motor& vac . i used it for several years until i came across a factory vac that was made for a/c or simplicity, that all i use any more. i still have the trailer vac just use for storage. jj

rsachs
On the Ingersoll sweeper the set up is reversed from most tow behind types. The sweeper throws back toward the tractor into the bag, so the bag is between the brushes and hitch. I had trouble with the drive gears, replaced 2 springs and works well at the proper speed on grass, leaves and pine cones.

nrallen
I have a Agri Fab and it works well, but if the leaves are matted down it has trouble reaching them even with the brushes all the way down. Now that I bought a mounted vac system from Vic, it is all I use.

MPH
Picked up the tractor pull behind one sears sells for 348 bucks last fall real cheap. It works good on spruce tree cones, my main inteerst in it, not bad on leaves and the grass hasn't grown tall enough yet too worry about the clippings.

dratkinson
I have one made by Lambert. The height adjuster is cheaply made and feels like it could break at any time. The brushes also don't seem to spin fast enough to throw the clipping into the bag unless you are going pretty fast. If I had it to do over, I probably not buy this again. These things also take up floor space to store. I seem to remember reading, after the fact, on the Agri-Fab or Brinley website that one of the larger models has the ability to easily fold for storage. That would be a nice feature. /r David

rokon2813
Marty, the tag is still intact and readable. :D Model 5S Serial 857615 Type 700075 Built in May 1952 according to Briggs. ;) So I would guess the sweeper is a 52 or 53, maybe 54 at the latest.