Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
nighteye

Tractor pulling with a Powermax?

nighteye
Has anyone ever tried it, or seen it? I have a friend trying to get me interested and I know absolutely nothing about the sport. I'm gonna start looking into it, but thought maybe someone here might have some advice. Thanks, Ken

TimJr
Hi Ken, check your local clubs rules. Most garden tractor pulling clubs will only allow up to a 26x12-12 rear tire. Most also only weigh up to 1200lbs - I don't know what a P'max weighs, but it may not leave you much room for adding balancing weights where needed. If you do get to hook it to a sled though, don't forget that I have those new old stock diff pinion gears when(if) they break! I have always wanted to see what one would do myself also. It would probably pull like an old AC farm tractor - real well with those drop housings in the back giving you extra leverage from the drawbar. Let us know how it goes, Tim