Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Clutch - Brake - Park

On my 7012H, the clutch/brake pedal first disengages the clutch and then tightens the brake band. The parking lever only tightens the brake band. According to the repair manual, most of the large frame tractors are the same in this respect. Is there any reason why the parking lever couldn't or shouldn't also disengage the clutch as well as tighten the brake band? In other words, under what circumstances would you want the brake applied but the hydrostatic engaged?

MikeH
Jeff, I know that is how Simplicity designed it. What I'm asking is, would there be any disadvantage to modifying the parking lever to perform the same function as the clutch/brake pedal? Are there any attachments, or any reason why the hydro unit must be powered when the brake is applied?

paull
As far as I can tell, the the brake and tranny operate independently. The reason simp./ac designed the parking brake without a mechanism to disengage the clutch was probably cost and , well... SIMPLICITY. I am sure some sort of mechanism can be retrofitted, but as long as you are well aware of the proper operation of the machine, you can probably live without the gadget. PL