Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Tacey

Simplicity Mfg. Having "Beautiful Lawn" Contest

Tacey
OK all you "yard stripe" freaks. Here's your chance to show off your work. Go to www.simplicitymfg.com and check out the Contest. Submit a pic, and you might win a prize! Good Luck! Tacey

maxtorman1234
Contest Rules/Details 1. Contest runs May 15, 2004 through September 15, 2004. 2. All entries become the property of Simplicity Manufacturing, Inc., and Simplicity may use them for promotional purposes without providing compensation. 3. By entering the contest, you are stipulating that a) your lawn was cut using a Simplicity mower and b) you or a member of your family cut the lawn (that it was not mowed by a professional landscape contractor). 4. All entrants receive a Simplicity baseball cap. 5. Once each month (May, June, July, August, September) all entrants will be entered into a drawing for a Simplicity wind jacket. (You may win only one jacket.) 6. Photos must be provided electronically by clicking on “Enter Contest” above and following the directions provided. 7. Entrants must complete the electronic entry form in its entirety. 8. Simplicity reserves the right to remove any photo posted in the gallery—for any reason—at its discre Since I dont use a Simplicity, im wondering if i should enter, i usually cut with my Allis 912. Its the same as a simplicity 7112, so would it really matter that much? Cant e-mail simplicity so I cant be sure,

Tacey
quote:
Originally posted by maxtorman1234 Since I dont use a Simplicity, im wondering if i should enter, i usually cut with my Allis 912. Its the same as a simplicity 7112, so would it really matter that much? Cant e-mail simplicity so I cant be sure,
I would think Simplicity would love to see your foto. Your machine is a testament to the brand's durability, and is a part of the company's history. Tacey

Chris727
I was working on my stripes tonight. Too much thatch in the yard so I had to go over it with the sweeper and lost some of the stripes effect. Oh well, I'll get it looking right eventually.

MPH
Guess I better fix the steering on the B-112 so I can make straighter strips. Maybe in another week or two the grass will be tall enough everywhere so I can get even width strips too. Still have places where its hard to tell where the grass was cut.

rokon2813
I might have to give it a shot if they'll take an AC entry. Never tried striping on purpose till last week. Never got a pic of it, but all I did was straight lines and reversed direction every time across the yard. What I didnt realize would happen was a week later when I mowed again, I could still see the stripes. :D I did decide it took way too long to turn around at each end every time. Took twice as long to mow the lawn. [:0]

maxtorman1234
Yup Dan, i just tried purposley striping this spring too. Sure does take a lot longer, but its neat that you can still see the stripes:D My 912 sure cuts nice, I think its the "cutting tractor"

MPH
Dan, if I remember right from your drainage ditch pics your yard is pretty open, if you normally mow 'in a circle' from the outside inward, you can get pretty neat strips by turning around once at the same corner.Been doing my buds 18000 sq foot lawn that way which is basicly 3 triangles connected with about a half size basket ball court slab poking out into it.

rokon2813
LOL Marty, Lisa goes round and round. When I do it, its more like working a field, straight lines with a "headland" at each end. Guess thats from my "professional" mowing days. I like to see straight lines and so did most of the customers. Gets to be a pain though, since 2 parts of our lawn are basically triangles too.

maxtorman1234
I entered this [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/maxtorman1234/stripe.jpg[/img] They added it to the gallery. Looks like I have a beautiful Lawn:D lol Its not beautiful anymore though, no rain its starting to dye[:0]