Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
wilburn

oil blowing out dipstick on ac 620 with 20 hp onan

wilburn
had the motor bebuilt on it an have mowed yard 3 times.the second time it started to blow oil out the dipstick.u can loosen the dipstick an there is so much pressure on it that it almost blows it out of your hand .what is causing this blowby an how do i fix it.

StanD
Check your crankcase breather to be sure balls are not stuck, also remove breather hose from aircleaner intake hose. If you are getting excess crankcase pressure I would suspect faulty ring. Check spark plugs to see if either has oil buildup on plug.

wilburn
think i have found the problem.gasket on dipstis is worn an someone has put a rubber o-ring on it.if the dipstick is not in right place it leaves it loose enough for oil to blow out of it.i turned it till it got snug an ran engine for awhile .no oil blowed out .