Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Maxtorman1234's AC410

clyde

Just picked up Graham's (Maxtorman1234) AC410 to store for him for awhile. I think he got a pretty good deal - motor runs and sounds real good and I drove it on and off the truck without a problem. I don't think the headlight is original 'tho:

Deck is going to need a little work, but has been used recently:

Even got a couple of manuals:

Thanks for storing it, Glad to hear it runs good, but i think that deck will need some work too. Other than that, it looks like it's in pretty good shape, looks like a pretty good deal, How's that transmission work?

That is a good looking tractor!! A little cut'n, weld'n and grind'n and that deck be good as new! ;)And if ya can get Dutch to teach ya lead'n over the net, be better than new!!!;)

Neat little tractor, I like the style of that one too. Glad you could pick it up for him. Clyde, Do you want to bring it down to cut my lawn? I won't be able to use mine until I pick it up next weeekend. Just kidding Graham!

Glad to hear that deal is being taken care of.Didn't want to see Grahm get a bad reputation as a non-paying bidder.Way to go Clyde!

quote:
How's that transmission work?
Transmission seemed fine, for what little I drove it. I did try all four gears it shifted fine and the shuttle worked OK. Didn't really try it under load or anything, but didn't notice anything unusual! :)
quote:
Do you want to bring it down to cut my lawn?
Good idea Nick - I think it's our duty to make sure Graham's tractor is OK. :D

Nice looking deal there Graham. Man that light looks like you could see for a mile. Old b1/725 mounting spot. Charlie has two 410 tractors a S and an M. The 410m is what lead me to find the site and club last year.

• 2 months later...
Just picked up the 410S, I like it. The shuttle actually works, and it runs and drives good. Got a tiller that needs tines and bearings for 25$, and a new set of Firestone ags for the 410:) [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/maxtorman1234/dscf0072.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/maxtorman1234/dscf0068.jpg[/img] Thanks again Clyde for storing the tractor and bringing it to the show, I really appreciate it!

;)Graham, To see the conclusion to this saga is a tribute to this great club. I thought at the beginning you were in over your head, due to the distance thing. But with your hard work and the help of fellow members it turned into a success story. I think all involved deserve a round of beers, to say the least. Oh yea, and that is a very fine looking tractor!! :D(even if Rokon thinks they are ugly):D

Glad to see that tractor made it to Canada.I was wondering if Graham made it to the show.I hadn't seen a post from him since last weekend and didn't know if he had made it. Looks good with those ag's.And I have always had good luck with my shuttles. I agree with Joe,There are some very fine members in this club!Its been a pleasure to meet as many as I have and hope to meet many more yet! Mack

quote:
Originally posted by Mack
Glad to see that tractor made it to Canada.I was wondering if Graham made it to the show.I hadn't seen a post from him since last weekend and didn't know if he had made it.
I did get to meet Graham. what litte we talked he seemd to be a nice kid. Melanie thought it was great that his parents helped him out and brought him to the show. Good people raise good kids! Glad to hear your happy with the RBT. Elon

I didn't get to meet him, but wanted to. Sorry I missed you, Graham. Didn't know you had been there at GOTO till Clyde told me later. Graham, if you want headlights on that 410 just remove the front plate - holes are behind it. Buy some 4011 bulbs and make some clips to hold them in. Use the holes that are already there. I sold jkmustang a set that I removed from an old Wards riding mower (not a Simplicity).

Nice site story behind another tractor to a good home. Cool... Graham, where did you find the Firestone lugs and how much were they? Always have liked them 23 degree lugs in lose dirt.

MPH, I got them from one of the tire guys at the GOTO in NY. We paid $100 for them. THey sure are nice tires. I'm now driving through the creek where I'd get stuck before:). THey're great tires. They'll go through just about anything.

MPH, The tires probably came from Miller tire. I think I have one of their catalogs at home. Can get you the address if you want. I bought two 3.50x6 tri-ribs from another place at the show. When I found the Miller booth, I asked the price. They were $5 per tire cheaper than I had paid.

Nope, the tires weren't from Miller tire. When we looked there, they were sold out. Also, the tires we wanted were more expensive there about 60 each for the Carsliles we were originally looking at, and only 55 at the other tire place. The place we got the tires from was at the other end.

Interesting Graham, I bought the tri-ribs from the place at the other end for $25 each, but Miller had them priced at $20 each. Guess the deal depended on the specific tire and not just the seller.

I was just looking at some receipts last night and I paid $55.00 apiece for 23x10.5x12 Super Lug Carliles and that included mounting at my local tire dealer.

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
I priced the Carliles at miller and they were $55.00 apiece
Were those the 23X10.5 or the 23X8.5 tires? We were told they were 60$ for the 10.5" tires.

I talked to the older Gentelman who I assumed to be the owner. Even at $60.00 they were cheaper than on ebay when you factor in shipping.