Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

a red and white deere

JJ MARSHALL

[img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/mini-firestone 009.jpg[/img] i don't know the owner said that this jd came out this color.does anyone out there know.any else seen one of these? jj

Sorry can't help you on that one. Never heard of saw a red and white Deere before. Still looks good though!:)

Yes they call those odd colored ones the patio series...They made orange & white,blue & white,yellow & white and red & white...Not sure if there are any other colors or not...

Jd made yellow,blue,red,orange all on white. Patio tractor is what they are called. Ment for sale in suburbs to compete with sears and others. MDB got a shot of a whole trailer full all colors at Findlay Oh show last year. I saw them too.

My uncle has a red 120 just like that. It's from the early '70s. They offered them in their competitors' colors. I really can't make fun of it, it's still being used regularly.

Heard they painted them like that so they could hide on the patio instead of green to hide in the unmowen grass:D:D

well i'm shock to find out that jd used all of those colors. i guess if you took one of each color put them all together would be like a bunch of easter eggs.

Yep, my grandpa owned one of the yellow and white 110's. Those colored models are collectors items these days. Those older JD tractor were actually pretty decent. The biggest problem with them was the decks rotting out.

Terribly expensive collectors items. Around here junk ones at auction have been bringing close to 4 digit figures.... ..and I'll add that This is JD country and I've never even seen a 140 in Pati colors. All I've seen so far are the gear drive 110 types. You may have a real prize there.

If it is a true Patio tractor (find a discreet spot and sand it a little), it is worth anywhere from $1500 to $2500. If not, then you can only expect a little more than a standard Green and Yellow one. The Patios were painted differently as a mental type way of selling them to city folks, who would not buy a green JD because to them, it screams "Farm". The Patio series was more of a way to reach the residential buyers. It wasn't very successful and therefore now are collector's items.

There is also a green and yellow patio 110. The guy that had them said there's a sheet metal difference. The 140 ones are later but the guy is trying to complete a set of them too. Or so he told my buddy Charlie.

were there attachments avilable for these in same colors that the mower was ? jj

Yes, you can get carts, tillers, loaders, blades, and snowthrowers in white paint. I don't know if anything else can be had in patio colors or not though.

thanks all for the reply on these different colors JDS.i probably have missed some deals not knowing this.i will start looking high and low for these.also for a/c and simplicitys. by the way SAM itook this picture at a tractor show. i did talk to the owner. its amazing what you can find out on this site.i have been collecting a/c and simplicity for several years . i have learn more since joining this club then all the years i've been collecting.that 10 bucks was well spented. thanks again everyone. jj by the way i've only been a member about 6 months.