Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Prestige or Massey 2800 Series. Hmmmmmmmmm

rs07

Sorry, this posting was originally posted in Show & Tell. My mistake.:I Well, I never thought I would say this but after giving it alot of thought, I am thinking of either trading in or selling my AGCO 2024D with 48" mower and 46" snowthrower on a new Simplicity Prestige or Massey Ferguson 2800 Series. The tractor is more tractor than I really need, so I want to go to the next size smaller machine. Something alittle more practical for me. What do you guys think of the Prestige/2800 Series Tractors. I had planned earlier on buying a Legacy XL or Massey 2927 Series, but thought hard about it. Too much tractor for me. What do you guys think of the Prestige / Massey 2800 Series Tractors. Sure would love to hear some owner experience on these tractors before I buy one. I have 9 Simplicity dealers and 1 Massey Ferguson dealer all within a 30 mile radius from my house. So which ever one gives me the best deal, is where I will buy one. The pricing is sure attractive on them.

They are great tractors,I personally would go with a 50" deck.The 54" deck is very heavy and tends to wear the front axle out prematurely.Also I've seen the 54" cake up more in damp grass or if it gets to tall,where as the 50" will stay pretty much clean.I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Thanks for the advice. I agree about the 54". I looked at all three decks and the 54" does seem alittle heavy for the tractor. The 50" is a nice size for me. It's not too big, yet not too small. Thanks!:)

I just made a deal on a Massey 2820H with 20HP Kohler and full power, 50 Inch Deck. Both the Simplicity dealer and the MF dealer offered me a price of 4800+ 6%Sales Tax. I was thrilled with the price. In addition, I have taken advantage of the of the 1.9% financing deal. I also ordered the 42 Inch Dozer blade. What swayed me too the Massey Dealer was their willingness to work with a persnicity geek like me through 3 long visits and battery of questions. At first I was about to buy a New in Box 2002? Agco Allis 918H from them, but endend up deciding that if I wanted my wife or daughter to assist me in the yard, power steering and a step through frame would be required. And the Massey red paint looks very nice :> Still wondering if the 918 H would be better, but the 18 Inch turn would be a big benefit. If anyone does the research, these machines are the best buy at 5K.

Thanks for your input rmwill. The 918 is alittle heavier built than the Prestige/Massey 2800 Series, but not as "user friendly" as the 2800 Series. That new 918 they have in the crate might actually be a leftover early 2001. That tractor which is the same as the Simplicity Sovereign was discontinued in June 2000. I'm surprised they still have one laying around. There are alot of people here that would cut there right arm off to get that. My opinion would be to go with the 2800 Series. It would be easier for your family to use. I leaning towards the Massey 2800 Series. I also like that red paint.:D

I decided on and took delivery this week the 2004 MF 2820. I just finished my first cut, am very pleased. I have a basically flat, but very rough, uneven 1.5 acre lawn with several trees that has been hard on old Cub and Wheel Horse mowing decks. It took all the tough stuff with no issues. I could probably cut even an inch closer. Also, the 18 inch turn radius is fantastic. The Dealer sold one of the 2 remaining 918-H. One of the members here emailed me for the contact information since my post. If anyone else is interested, the dealer is Pluff and Sons Implement Sales in South Rockwood, MI. They are just off I-75 between Detroit and Toledo. They have been great to work with, and provided me a fine deal. Rodger

I bought a 2003 Prestige 20hp w/50" deck. Alsp bought the snow blower pkg.M My problem too Legacy is too big. With 30 hrs. on the machine, no issues with it. It's fast, the tight turning circle makes mowing in tight spots easy. Makes for less trimming. My lawn looks the best it has in years. Blower has enough power not to clog, even in slush. I paid $6883.00 for everything in mid July 2003. Tractor w/deck $5500.00.I Highly recommend this unit. IF you were closer or want to take a ride to CT. I'll let you mow the lawn so you could put the time on this unit. ATtachments are easy put on & take off.