Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Has This Site Gotten a Facelift?

dlcentral

Graphics and fonts are a lot bolder for us blind folks,Good Job! I see however it's not screen friendly[too long]for us folks still having to use a 13" screen,Oh well that's the price of progress I spose.Very Nice! dlc

Bit of spring-cleaning here also... Hope it is well accepted! I'm not sure that I've "cleaned" all the nooks and crannies, yet -- there may be some forms that I've missed. The clubhouse is really 3 different "subwebs" (main clubhouse, chat, and calendar) and keeping them all looking alike is a bit of a hassle. Let me know what you think. Is it "too much color?" I tend to overdo it at times.... Kent

Kent, I love it! Being as I never could see too well anyway the bold and colors pop out just fine. I can see everything much easier. Roy

The header fits alright but the messages are too wide for the screen. I use a 19" screen. It may only happen on Netscape, is anyone else besides DLC and myself having this problem.

The change seems to be for the better as far as I can see using IE4. Are those OEM colors? The links do not seem to change color noticably to indicate what has been previously viewed.

The site is Fantastic! Us blind old geezers need brite screnes and graphics! Everything fits perfectly on my screen, with Netscape. On tip for (dlc), put a Big Magnifying lens in front of that antique screen, and then wear STRONG TRIFOCALS; like I do! 8o{)- Dick

I must agree with tej that the header fits fine but the messages are to long for the screen. I have an 19" screen at 1024 res. so things need to be tweeked some. I also use Netscape. The font size is easier to read. Phil

Thanks for all the input. I'll try to categorize: Visibility: I changed the color of the message links and bolded them to make them easier to read. Hopefully it'll be easier now to see which ones you've read. Screen Width: I'm testing using Netscape 4.73 at 1024 X 768 and at 800 X 600 (posting this message using Netscape now) and it fits OK on my screens both at work and at home. Does it happen on the For Sale and Want Ads too? I just changed the table width a bit so see if that would constrain it. If that's not it, perhaps it's the font --its Verdana. Can someone who's having problems tell me what font it's showing up in? Brightness: I changed the background color of the Navigation Bar to tone down some of the color and still make it distinctive. Too bad there's neither an AC Yellor or Persian Orange in the default browser palette. The red/orange is as close as I can get to the new Simplicity and Agco colors... Other: There's some Netscape peculiarities that I just can't figure out -- like how to get the text to wrap inside these scrolling text input boxes. In IE it shows up fine, but in Netscape you can type on the same line forever -- ever notice why some peoples messages look so choppy? They're hitting return to keep the text inside this window.... Oh well, maybe the Justice Department can handle this too. 8o) Thanks! Keep providing your input -- I'm listening. Kent

OK, guys. I've done about all I can to make it fit on 800 X 600 screens and tried to make it work in 640 X 480 (Jack). Sorry, but I can't make it work at that low a resolution -- there's stuff spilling all over.... I've also tried to make sure that all the text input boxes are in 12 point Ariel font to make it easier to read what you're typing. The annoying Netscape "never-ending line" is still there... That's all the time for tweaks that I have at this point. I'm getting ready to go out of town for a couple of days on business -- but I think I have most of the stuff cleaned up. BTW, I think I've fixed the problems in Netscape when sorting the member list by Date Joined, Category & E-mail address. Not sure what I did, but all the sorts seem to be working in Netscape v4.72. Another "fun" thing with Netscape -- it either displays nothing or gives a "generic error message" when it encounters a problem. This makes it almost impossible to troubleshoot pages that are about 300 lines of code and HTML intermixed -- so I don't know what the problem was nor what I did to fix it.... Lucky for once, I guess! Whew! Remind me not to do this again for a while, OK? Kent

What can I say other then it really does look "Fantastic" all over whether using I.E. or Netscape. Thanks Kent for trying to make "alll" of 'us's" happy and I would say you as always have done a "great job" of it. I never had a problem before and I do know that my pix's settings are a little weard but it looks great again "infact the besst ever. Have a safe trip whether bussiness or play. Thanks again, >>->happyjack<-<<

15" monitor, IE5, 800X600. 2 years with never a problem. Great site. What I really like is not having to make an extra mouse click to see the reply's. Thanks for everything Kent! Jim

Kent, Changing the table width seems to have fixed the problem. The messages fit on the screen now. Tim

Hi all, Everything loooks great "but" here is one small thing ok. Like Tim and Dlc stated about the width of the screen I run out of viewing space while typeing and have to stop and move the sceen over to see just what I have typed One way of doing it would be for me to hit enter and short line my sentence. I am using nestcape 4.7 and i.e. 5.o and have the same problem with either. I can't beleive the difference in how great everything looks other wise. I do have a 36" monitor and have it set at 640x480 pix's and that is the setting that I have always used but if I change it do a higher setting then I lose the size of the print and page itself to which I really like. One more thing is that the print is to far to the left as in the area of the spring on the binder. Thanks Kent, >>->happyjack<-<<