Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Belt help

thedaddycat

I just go toff the phone with my local dealer, who told me that the internal belts for the Weed & Brush Cutter are NLA. He also told me that many parts are NLA for those units as a deliberate effort by Simplicity to get them all to die.... The part number is 124025 and it's a type HA belt. I've tired to find the Belt and Blade chart but keep coming up empty. Maynard, is the chart linked or do you have a book? I'm trying to find out the size so I can attempt to get some spares....

124025 NLA-V-BELT Length 30.1" Type HA MSRP $14.89 There are 3 belt books 2002, 2003, 2004, on the Thechpubs V site

Thanks Maynard;) I know I've seen you post information and I know I've seen at least partial tables. I thought there was a link or page here, thanks for setting me straight...

I hate to say this, but there is a John Deere belt that very closely matches the Simplicity belt. The Deere belt seems to be of good construction, not some cheap fan belt from the parts store. I don't have the part number on me, but with the size shown above should be enough for a Deere parts guy to check his belt book and get it for you. Hope it helps. Tim

Thanks again Maynard. I keep getting "source file could not be read", I'll have to have my friend check this thing out when he comes over to put in a better video card.

Kirk, this place has belts that will fit it but they are not Simplicity belts, I believe they are 30"x1/2", for about $11.65. I believe it is called a "fiber belt" from "Airmade" {spelling}. DEVON LANE POWER EQUIPMENT 10 WARE RD BELCHERTOWN, MA 01007 (413) 323-5435