Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Impliment pins what do you use and where do you ge

Boney

The impliment pins that you use to attach your attachements to your tractor, what do you use and where do you get them ? I did a search under" impliment pin" and was not able to find much. Thnx Herm

I just go to Tractor Supply Company and get the pins and clips. You can get the "JC" clips for under a buck.

Factory clevis pins are nice but I have been known to cut a bolt to length and drill a hole in it for the clip when necessary. The pin for the tiller on my B-1 is a long carriage bolt I cut to length and drilled. I also use cotter pins for clips sometimes.

I get all my pins as well as bolts & such from Fastenal. You name it they can get it in a day or two & very reasonaly priced.

I go to the local Fleet Farm and get two pins for a $1 and clips are in bulk for $2 a pound

Any hardware store will have clevis pins. If you walk down the isle of cardboard draws, you will see them. Like stated above, just a few bucks a pice. Elon

The Depot has pins that look like a large "D" when locked. I use then on the snow blower, mower deck, etc. They're nice because the retaining clip is part of the main pin itself. Cost - around $.90 each. Usually found in the hardware aisle in the rack of drawers.

I've been cutting a bolt to size, putting a hole in the end, and then sticking an "R" pin in the hole.

Yeah, I think those "D" type pins are the best. You don't have to worry about the clip working loose and falling out of the pin, and then losing the pin! Our local Rural King carries these, as well as the regular hitch pins and clips in various sizes. I recently got some of the "D" type pins and used them on my deck adjusters on my DA Vanguard's 42" deck, to replace the 1/4" bolts that a DPO had used.