Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Differance between Broadmoor 707 and 717?

Mr.PhixIt

Hi guys, I just got my membership a few days ago.:D8D So now I am really with the Club8D Anyway, What is the differance between the Broadmoor 707 and the 717. I have a Broadmoor 707 that I paid $200 for it. I may get a 717 for free:D:D The free one runs but burns oil, (needs a ring job), and is missing the seat. I am really excited.:D:D:D Now I just have to convince my parents to let me have another tractor.:(!:(!:D:D So I just want to get some informationon the two. Thanks in advance, Bill

I have had both models and the only things I could really notice between the two is the different numbers on the side of the hood and the I.D. tag has different numbers...Also the dash decal on the 707 has a rough (textured) surface and the 717 has a smooth surface,both have the same print on them though...

I have both and yes they are the same except for a little outside cosmetic things

If I remember right the 707 does not have side panels where the 717 does. I think and don't quote me on this one, someone else might know for sure but didn't the 707 come with the pull start and the 717 came with electric start.

quote:
Originally posted by KSever
If I remember right the 707 does not have side panels where the 717 does. I think and don't quote me on this one, someone else might know for sure but didn't the 707 come with the pull start and the 717 came with electric start.
The two 707's I owned both had side covers as well as electric start...I think you might have the 1964-65 models mixed up wih the larger motor (7hp) 707 and later models...

See told you I could be wrong and sure enough I am. Been about 2 years since I messed around with the Broadmoor

welcome to the club BILL . remember if you got questions about tractors there answer herejj

Hey There! My brother has my old 717! It has a sticker behind the seat that says the 707 is a manual start and the 717 is electric. As far as I know thats the only difference.I think it is a 1964 model (the one I had). It went through a flood in '96. My brother took it and fixed the engine back up and it's still going summer and winter! A great old machine! Randy

quote:
Originally posted by rbw1052
Hey There! My brother has my old 717! It has a sticker behind the seat that says the 707 is a manual start and the 717 is electric. As far as I know thats the only difference.I think it is a 1964 model (the one I had). It went through a flood in '96. My brother took it and fixed the engine back up and it's still going summer and winter! A great old machine! Randy
They both had electric start and the sticker behind the seat should say BROADMOOR 717 mfg# 717 Manual 990424 717 Electric 990425 This means your MFG number for manual start is 990424 ect ect... The 707 has three numbers I can't remember what number is for what but one number is for Standard model and then there is the Deluxe model and electric start...

Hi Again! I think Mowerman was right! I haven't seen the tractor in a while and I couldn't remember for sure what the sticker said. Anyways, Mine did have a high/low range lever for the transmission.Maybe that was the difference between the two numbers? Low range was super slow when it was engaged. I think a turtle could have beat it!

The Hi/Lo pulley was a option for any of the models with the 2 speed transmission...It was mainly used with a snowblower... The differences in the numbers can be seen in Maynards post above..It mainly has to do with what tires and wheels you have and wether its electric start or not...

Hi, Kind of ironic, but I got a call the other day about a 717, the guy wanted to know what year it was. I believe it was only built 1 year and as I remember it was 1964, It is basically a 707, the last of the 2 speeds. I just junked one with a hi/lo box. I have the high/low and the rear end yet. Sold the front half. Good luck with these, Al Eden