Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How to fix bad swashplate in powermax hydro?

LBS

The swashplate in my powermax hydro has the holes for the control shafts totally worn out. They are about 1/8" biger than the shafts and it finally broke the roll pins. How could I repair that? Is there some kind of plasic rod or something that I could put through the holes and weld around? I imagine a new swashplate would be expensive. Or maybe one of you has an old burned up hydro you would sell? Thank You!

I really have no clue what a swashplate is but as for repair, put a brass or copper rod in the hole to weld around. The weld will not stick to a dissimilar metal and as long as you dont get it so hot it melts the copper or brass, it should work fine. Another option, usually easier is drill the hole bigger and go to the next size pins or if that cant be done drill larger and go with a bushing from the old shaft size to the new hole size. just my 2 cents. LOL

Lawrence, The swashplate on my hydro was also worn, but only on the control shaft side. I was able to fill in the worn area with 7018 and carefully grind until the trunnion shaft would just fit. I turned the swashplate around so that the worn side was opposite the control arm side. I researched parts for this hydro and a new swashplate (P/N 3102029) is +/- $50.00. Another option would be to install bushings in the holes. Here is a Sundstrand dealer that I found : Berendsen Fluid Power 1730 Terminal Street West Sacramento,Ca 95691 (916)372-0550 Hope this helps. Later, Chad