Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tractormike

1961 cub cadet project

tractormike
I know this isn't a simplicity or allis either but I have been very busy getting tractors done for our tractor show in Arkansaw Wi on June 19th. This tractor was given to me by the guy who I worked for over 20 years ago. He owned the local international harvestor dealership for many years. This is the first cub cadet that he sold from that dealership in 1961. He bought it back from the original owner a few years ago with the idea of fixing it up himself. He came up to me this spring and said that if I would want this tractor he would give it to me as he has no time to work on it and he had seen some of my other tractor projects. It was in tough but running condition. I found a hood and hood ornament on ebay and was able to order the other parts it needed. I used spray cans for the paint and it turned out pretty well. All that is left is to put the hood decals on when they come.

Mike,you have done a fine job & were lucky to receive it the way you did.I have one that I bought in 72,if you go to ih regestry.com,look in plow day 3 pictures#imoo4602-4608 &4609 the org. with flags on the hood is mine.try to find the I H for the grill it will look real great then,Later Jim

Charlieson
I got one of those. But it doesnt look nearly as nice as yours. I had it fixed up, but had to store it somewhere else. It needs some work again. They are real workhorses. I dont think there was a tougher, better built little tractor in its time. ddh