Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ALLIS CHALMERS 920 DIESEL GARDEN TRACTO

UCD

ALLIS CHALMERS SIMPLICITY 920 DIESEL GARDEN TRACTOR [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66761&item=4307359300&rd=1[/url] [img]http://i1.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/f6/cc/55_1.JPG[/img]

Congrats Cleanbee, I bid on it last night just before I left work. I came into work this morning hoping not to find the "Outbid Notice", but it was there. I should have "Proxy" bid a little higher but, at least it went to a good home, I mean look at your other machines, WOW. Best of luck to you.

Dan Good buy. It would have have come this way if it had of been in my area in my area. Got one but one more is better. The diesel has as much or more power than your Pow'r Max just not as big. I don't believe it needs an injector pump. They just didn't know how to start it after it was run out of fuel. The manual pump lever on the fuel pump doesn't always work the best. When you get it remove the filter and fill it with fuel. Then open the fuel line connection at the filter and see that fuel is running. do the same to all of the connections in succession, to the fuel pump. Loosen connection from the fuel pump to injector pump and crank engine over untill fuel comes out, Do the same from the injector pump to each injector. when lines are all bled it should start. The problem with the intake manifold preheater is usealy a corroided or broken wire at the heater. You should not need this to get it started in warm weather. These engines do not like dirty air filters either. You can get a new one with precleaner from Sandy Lake.

When I worked at the GM garage numerous diesel trucks would be towed in because of people changing their fuel filter and not knowing how to bleed the system. The first thing I would do at the garage is take off the air cleaner then open the bleed valve. Then I would go get the wash boy and have him get into the truck and try to start it while I was spraying WD-40 in the intake manifold. The truck would run off of WD-40 and when fuel started coming out the bleed valve the valve was then closed. You could here a change of sound in the engine when it started running off of the diesel fuel. There it is, the system is bleed.

:D GOOD LUCK! THAT WAS A GOOD FIND, I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ONE OF THE DIESELS. let us know what we can do to help i think i may have a service manual laying around if needed. take care

Id pull one of those home with my teeth... I currently have a 912H in need of a motor...Thinking about looking for a small 2 or 3 cyl diesel to install... Gotta love the clatter of a diesel on a cold winter morning..> Ive had several diesel VWs and Mercedes...Great fun to drive, work on and listen to!

I was watching that one on e-bay. Unfortunately I could not get out to MI where it is located for pickup, so I didn't bother to place a bid on it. She sure is a beauty though. Good luck with it and congratulations on winning the auction!!:)