Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My first Allis Chalmers...

Novice

I had the opportunity buy this for $200.00 and I passed it up and called him a week later and offered $100.00 and I own it. Little did I know what a deal I got...

The right hand lift lever alone was worth more than you paid. Hint: Edit your post and put a blank line between the pics. ;)

B-10's were made in 1963/64 but it might not have been sold until 1967. It is equivalent to Simplicity Landlord 9hp. Other than the aftermarket seat it is a great looking tractor and you got your moneys worth.

I just guessed that is was a '67. Is there a way to tell what year it was manufactured? It has a service tag on it from Michigan, so it must have spent some time there.

Hi was a great deal you got.As far as i can tell you about the year its a 66.The Bumble bee decal is the late B10 and was made around 66.what a great fined.Tony

GREAT FIND JOE Heres a link that will keep you busy for a little while reading about it. http://www.simpletractors.com/models/b_series/1966_cat/b-10_%26_b-12.htm Manufacture date http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/made_when.htm

:DJoe, That is a heck of a deal, $100 very well spent. But just the begining, wheel weights, chains, plows, the list is endless!!! *LOL* You will fit in here just fine.

What a great deal you got!:) Way to go! Next thing is to find another one so your first one will not be lonly.

Tractor looks like a line mate to my B10. You also have a later style steering wheel. It is supose to have a White half moon not a full round. But looks well worth the $100 !!!!

I am not sure, I am "green" when it comes to tractors. The pictures I have seen show a "half moon" from the factory and a different seat. If they ever have a show in Northern Indiana I will try to buy the right seat and steering wheel for it. I have the man down the street tuning it up right now.

If you know it has the original engine (and the stamping is still there), you can find a rough date of manufacture. To find the date that the engine was made, find the "Code" sticker, which would be under the carburetor. If it says, for example, 660412xx, you can date it as 1966, April, 12. It goes year-month-date-assembly code, which isn't needed. If the numbers have worn off, or they come out to a later date, then the tractor can't be dated using this method. I'd guess that the engine was made about one month before it was dropped in the tractor. I'm going by personal experience, my tractor engine was made in May '67, and my father remembers the tractor being delivered in early June of that year. My nickel on the issue. Great find for the money, especially with the right hand lift. Looks like she's had a repaint somewhere along the line.

Thanks, I will take a look at it and see. I can tell it is a 10 hp briggs. It has a service tag from Michigan, they may have some information on it. Were they manufactured for 2 years, and sold for many years?

What a great deal you got on that one. You're going to have a lot of fun with it. Thanks for the pic's.