Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anyone recognize these parts?

nighteye

Ive spent some time in my parts book collection trying to figure out what these parts go to but am lost. I dont want to get rid of them if I might need them someday. The first is a Shaft with three keyways cut into it. Its 7/8" diameter 18" long and the part# is 161064

It had two keyways at the other end of the shaft one is not in the picture but its near the end.

It looks to me like it should go into a transmission but I cant find it in any of my parts books and I'm quite sure its NLA The second part is also a shaft with a 7/8" Diameter. Its 15" long with a hole drilled through one end and a gear welded to the other end The gear is 2 1/2" dia with 28 teeth. It looks like it may be a steering shaft, but again, its not in my books Its part number is 175314.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to make room for another Powermax Thanks, Ken

I think the top pictures may be of the cross-shaft for a tractor that came from the factory with hydraulic lift. The end that's stepped down and keyed is for the right side of the tractor, where the lift arm attaches where you attach a lift rod. The other end, with a key-way in a few inches, is where the arms attach that connect the rear lift rod and the hydraulic lift cylinder... Not sure that's what it is, but that'd be my guess.... Note that the dealer installed hydraulic lift kits didn't include this cross-shaft, so the original, longer shaft was used. The instructions only called for removing the lift handle and quadrant, leaving the longer shaft sticking out a couple of inches...