Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Boys and tractors get a workout!

Mack

The boys and I got a real workout mowing at a friends.Time to get them in the shop and clean the decks and resharpen the blades. Sam is my oldest son,he will be 15 in August,Seth will be 10 on the 28th of this month.They both did a really good job.

Looks nice seeing those tractors working. Makes me want to get mine going again. All i need is the seal for the transmission and shuttle assembly, and a bearing in the deck. Its been sitting for a while now, and im really missing using it. Seeing those pictures makes me want to get more 300's and 400's. I was wondering if the long grass gets wound arould the spindles, because it does on my 900's with the deep deck.

Mowing the TALL WEEDS like only a good AC or Simplicity can do..... Great pics and a good mowing job.^

Two future club members. Looks like they are haveing a great time on those machines and doing a great job to.

They both showed great patience,because it was very slow going and they like to go fast!:D The biggest problem was the shoots clogging up with tall grass.

Looks like 2 good pairs I think you do need a couple of sickle bars if you keep mowing there.

I wish I had remembered to bring my camera up to help Rob out last Saturday. I proved that you really don't need a Weed & Brush cutter if you have an old deck and Gator Blades....... LOL That looks like a lot of tall grass, do you find it gets wrapped around the arbors when it's that tall? I've had that happen a few times to me mowing the really tall stuff....

Man its SO good to see kids on those tractors having fun and what perfect summer scenes!!! very nice thank you for sharing them. The kid pics are the best imo. So nice to see them doing something fun,harmless,simple,constructive. Great!!!!

quote:
wish I had remembered to bring my camera up to help Rob out last Saturday. I proved that you really don't need a Weed & Brush cutter if you have an old deck and Gator Blades....... LOL
Couldnt agree more, i keep a yoeman on hand for brush now, with the super-low and old blades, deck up, it can really knock down the saplings.....

Simplicity again does the job. No problem at all with the tall grass when I mow it. The only place I don't use a Simplicity is along the highway. There I use my $35.00 Craftsman. I don't care if that one gets destroyed by the cans, bottles and wire along the road.

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
That looks like a lot of tall grass, do you find it gets wrapped around the arbors when it's that tall? I've had that happen a few times to me mowing the really tall stuff....
That happens to me all the time with my 900's when mowing long stuff, and it starts to burn and stinks. Never tried cutting with a 300series deck in the long stuff, I'd like to but cant get hold of the 410 down the road for parts. Has no hood, no motor, in alright shape, will need wiring, regulator ect. best part, it has a like new 48" deck on it, good bearings and everything.