Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Orange paint

DDB

Called my local Simplicity dealer and asked how much a can of Simplicity orange would cost. They wanted over 9 bucks a can. Since my local Tractor supply center does not carry Simplicity orange and Allis orange is to bright, can anyone tell me of a color that is the "same as" or "close to" simplicity orange. Thank you

Chevy Red/Orange engine paint I believe it's number 1603. It's a pretty close match even setting side by side on my '64 Landlord.

When I rebuilt my 42" deck, my Simplicity dealer, which is also a Tru-Value store, recommended Premium Decor brand "PDS-24 Banner Orange" as an alternative to the high-priced Simplicity paint. It an extremely close match. I can't tell the difference in the colors of the deck and the tractor. Think the paint was around 4 bucks a spray can. DaveM

If you wanted to use an automotive paint, my son is in the body shop business and just did a restoration on a Chevy Camaro. The original colors were orange and white. After he painted the orange I compared it to the Simplicity orange on a 2012. Almost perfect match. I can get the paint code number from him if you want it. When I do a restoration on the 2012 that is the paint that I am going to use. I will have to ask him but I think the Camaro was a 1969 model.

quote:
Originally posted by tractormike
I did a 728 simplicity and used ace hardware orange and it turned out well.
Ace also makes allis chalmers orange paint. Look at the machine and implaments paint. Thats all I use. Here is what it loos like

Oh the hood and fenders of my Landlord is painted with the Ace paint. The rest is the old paint. It looks close in the pic but up close you can tell. The whole Broadmoor is painted with it as well Hope this helps Elon