Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Its all in the timing when your going cheap...

rokon2813

Been having trouble with the carb and governor on one of the kids pullers. Finally got the carb right yesterday, and that made the governor work right. Remember, these pullers are going together cheap from used parts. ;) So I thought I'd take a spin around the yard a couple times. OOPS this aint good....

So I'm pretty bummed out... The wife gets home and I tell her whats up. Wife: Dont you have another rod?? Me: Nope, besides it broke the skirts off the piston and ate the crank. Wife: So put another engine in it, you got more right?? Me: Nope Wife: You only got till Saturday, you know where to get another one??? Me: Not a clue Wife: Well, S**t 10 minutes later, the wife yells from the office, "theres a brown pickup in the driveway" Total Stranger: Hi, I'm Todd are you Dan? Me: Yea thats me (still pretty grumpy) Todd; Your brother in law sent me here, I got this thing on the trailer he thinks you might be interested in? So I slip my shoes on and go out the door to see whats on the trailer. Todd: I been messing with this for a month and cant get spark, Dont know nuthin about these things and I'm tired of messing with it, make me an offer. Me; (In a much better mood, the wheels are turning) I'm flat broke, $50 :I[:0] Todd; Yea, I'll take that, when can you do it? Me: Right now :D:D We chatted a while, he got it from his neighbor free, hasnt run in 2 years but ran great when he parked it. Todd knows little about older engines, and when he took the little box off the side of the engine to look, and saw points, he said he put the cover back on and loaded her up. Didnt know nuthin, dont wanna know nuthin bout points.

After he left I stood looking at it for a couple minutes, thinking over what all he said he did to it, then checked my watch. Walked in the garage and grabbed a screw driver, a piece of sandpaper, the battery and gas tank off the puller I just blew up. 2 minutes and 45 seconds later it was running :D:D Sounds great, runs great, Looks like Jeremy's Homelite gets a 12 hp today. :D:D:D

Wow, now that is just too cool8D:D Good for you and Jeremy^ Looks like a whole lot of good parts to sell too.....;):D

I guess those Briggs arent perfect either[:0]. I hate it when you get something sorted out then something ruins the whole thing. That tractor looks like a B112. What do you plan on doing with it? I have an extra spot to keep another tractor, and also a spare 10HP engine:D :)

Glad you got it what you needed, all in the same day too! The 101 I just picked up wouldn't start for the guy that I bought it from. He saw the points and didn't want to mess with it. the points won't open, and the gas tank at about a 1/4 inch of water and sludge in the bottom. just waiting for the carb kit and I should be good to go.

It is a B 112 Graham, not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I'll let you know in a few days. Joe, it looks better than it is. Actually just needs some TLC. One side panel is missing. The wiring harness is butchered, had toggle switches instead of a key switch, The deck is set up, havent looked to see why yet, and the variable pulleys are set up too. The handle moves but the pulleys dont, and if you move the handle too far the rear pulley throws sparks. LOL. Luckily, it is set up in the fastest position though, so it works as a straight 3 speed right now. The clutch is partially set up too, you have to pull up on the pedal to get it to move. Or at least it did till the engine disappeared. [:0] Surprisingly enough, with everything starting to set up on it, the pull and twist throttle cable and the choke cable still work though.

It is always better to be lucky than good. Also you have another functional carb, that you didn't have when we talked on Sunday.