Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity mower on an AC 710 ???

REM

Can anyone tell me if a mower off of a b-10 will work on an AC 710. I had the 710 given to me and my Dad would like to use it. The only mowers we have are made by simplicity.

If its off a B-10 It should be an Allis mower. I'm not totally sure if it will fit, but it should hook up to the front axle, you might have to find a belt the right size to run it though.

If I'm not mistaken, the height adjusters are too close together to go under the running boards. [:0] I'm not up on the 710, that is a horizintal shaft engine?? If its a vertical, the decks arent even close. :D

The mower should mount to that tractor, but I think the center pulley for the drive belt may be smaller than that on the mowers for the later model cone clutch type tractors (AC700 & 900 series). This may make the mower spin faster than it was designed. I'll try to check for you tomorrow. I have one of each type of mower.

Rod is correct... the center arbor driven pulley is smaller on the older B-10 deck. You'd need to swap pulleys to make it work correclty -- or you could run at about 3/4 throttle in a pinch. I put a 5" pulley on one to use with my hybrid HB216 with it's Sundstrand and cone clutch pulley.... As Dan stated, the adjusters are also closer together on the old deck. They might hit the running boards, but since I have no tractors with running boards :D I can't verify that...

Yes the adjusters do hit. That's why they moved them outboard. A late deck will run on an early tractor with the right wheelbase. But early decks whon't work without ditching the runningboards Also in both cases pulley size are different too.

dan is right if the tractor has running boards the adjuster will hit .i put one under a 910 and they would hit. JJ

Thanks for all the great info. I might give it a try and remove the running boards and change the pully size if I have to.

Before you ditch those running boards, look for a newer parts deck. I have swapped rear adjuster assembly in smilar situation. Might have to drill a hole or two to make fit. Should also remove rod type foot rests from deck, they will hit also. Best swap the pulleys also as already mentioned, you can get some amazing blade tip speed; but also quite UNSAFE. Make sure parts are from 42" deck, I can't recall the differences from a 48".